Before you undertake any IR35 assessments, you should begin by mapping out your contingent landscape, gathering insight on your current contingent workforce and identifying any hidden contractors.
You should gather insight on your current contingent workforce and identify any hidden contractors. Failure to do so could result in significant financial penalties from HMRC as you may miss contingent workers in your IR35 process.
You'll need to complete an audit, capturing data and gathering insights into your current contingent workers, identifying:
1. Who exactly are your current contingent workers?
2. What is their pay rate?
3. How long have they been on assignment for?
4. What is the end date of their assignment?
5. What is their current employment status?
6. Are there other intermediaries in the supply chain?