In its third year, the Women Leaders Association (WLA) is celebrating International Women’s Day at the Chester Grosvenor this coming Friday. The conference continues to grow year-on-year, with both women and men joining the event to network and learn.
The theme for this year’s event is “How to ask for what you want and get it”. With a focus on one of the following three areas:
- Navigating your career
- Networking with purpose
- Negotiating what you are worth
The latter of these will be covered by Rullion’s Executive Director, Alistair Haigh. This will include an interactive negotiation skills masterclass; Alistair will explore a number of principles and strategies for achieving goals through effective negotiation. This includes:
- Preparing effectively for negotiating
- Establishing your goals and objectives prior to negotiation
- Creating opportunities to negotiate
- Identifying win/win outcomes through the negotiation process
- Overcoming barriers to negotiation
- Achieving improved agreement terms which protect and enhance relationships
The event will be brought to a close with words from the most successful British Gymnast, Beth Tweddle.