Mechanical Fitter / Maintenance Technician - Rolling Stock
Technician (Mechanically biased)
12 month contract
Shift pattern: Days
Hours: 50 Hours/week
With minimal supervision undertake overhaul and repair of the allocated wheelsets / bogies/Components adhering to the requisite processes and procedures Assist other team members with the bogie / wheelset overhaul in order to develop technical skills. Identify, order and collect spares and materials from stores. Assist with cleaning of rolling stock when required.
- Working as part of the Engineering team, this role involves mechanical repairs.
- Supporting with the completion of repairs, modifications within a well-equipped rolling stock depot
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering or process environment
- Experience of basic fault finding
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Ability to understand and care for tools, equipment and PPE
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio hazards, manual handling and Control of
- Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Ability to produce detailed complex, analytical technical reports
Siemens supports applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us on 0161 233 7603
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.