- Date Posted: 16 August 2021
- £23,000 - £26000
Rullion have a new opportunity for a HR professional to join the business on a permanent basis, supporting the HR Manager and wider People team with a range of duties. We are a forward-thinking organisation with nearly 40 years experience within the recruitment sector, offering a broad range of recruitment and talent services to a well established clientbase.
This role would suit an experienced HR Assistant / Administrator, ideally CIPD qualified or working towards, with broad generalist exposure across HR, training, development and recruitment matters.
Summary of the Role
Reporting directly into the HR Manager while also supporting the other members of the People team, the People Assistant will provide an effective and efficient service to the team and wider business, covering administrative support, and some advice and guidance on HR matters, training, development and recruitment. We aim to give a first-class experience and service while ensuring best practice and compliance with employment legislation.
- Deliver a full range of HR administration services on a day-to-day basis to include:
- Maintenance of HR records and the iTrent system database
- Preparation and maintenance of documentation for recruitment and selection process i.e. Job Specifications, references, contracts of employment, offer letters and associated documentation etc.
- Maintaining records related to grievances, disciplinary, performance reviews etc.
- Completing termination processes
- Provide employment references for former employees
- Process requests and payments for Maternity / Paternity / Parental / Shared Parental leave
- Coordinate, administer, assist in the development and implementation and maintenance of general HR policies, procedures and supporting documentation
- Provide advice and guidance on HR best practice and employment legislation relating to employee issues
- Liaise with managers to ensure Pregnancy Risk Assessments are completed timely, and with pregnant mothers in order to co-ordinate and administer the maternity leave policy
- Support in the coordination and administration of employee benefits including private healthcare, pension and salary sacrifice schemes
- Send out Exit Interview questionnaire and collate information and feedback to the HR Manager, highlighting potential areas to improve employee retention
- Manage the administration for Learning and Development; booking and communicating training courses; collating and reporting on evaluation after training; maintaining the training tracker; administration supporting the apprenticeship schemes
- Supporting with internal recruitment - posting internal job adverts; maintaining the organogram
- Support with the administration of Peakon, the Employee Engagement system
- Keep the People Director and HR Manager fully advised of HR developments and potential problem areas
- Liaise with and work in conjunction with the HR Manager and People Director to ensure projects and business needs are met
- Any other duties as reasonably required
Qualifications, skills & experience
- Working towards or part CIPD qualified
- Prior experience gained in a HR generalist environment
- Ability to pick up new information, take instruction and act on it accordingly
- Knowledge of employment legislation and health and safety legislation
- Ability to ensure consistent application of procedures / systems
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, whilst retaining accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication both written and verbal and listening skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Efficient, organised with excellent time management and administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- To keep abreast of new initiatives, legislation and best practice
- Tenacious and results orientated
- Influential to ensure best practice and compliance with legislation whilst meeting current and future business needs
- Commercial acumen
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
- Contract: Fixed Term Contract
- Schedule: Full Time (35 hours per week)
- Reference: RULLION00221
Have a query about our application process?
Check our FAQs for more information.