Temporary works designer
Job title: Temporary works designer
Job Type: Permanent
IR35 Status: Inside
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Bury (3 days on site a week)
Hours of work: 37hrs Mon-Fri
Applicants must have experience of the following:
* HND/HNC qualified
* Detailed knowledge of the stell industry
* Basic knowledge of the construction industry
* Understand steel erection requirements
* Able to work closely with site based staff
* Sound understanding of design codes
* Knowledge of current legislation within the construction and steel fabrication environment
* Fulfil a client facing role in conjunction with the Temporary Works Co-ordinator (TWC) to develop temporary works designs that comply with either the client's engineers design restrictions and on-site conditions.
* Review design briefs produced by the TWC for adequacy prior to either issuing to temporary works designers under their control or completing design checks themselves.
* Ensure all temporary works design documentation is correctly registered and recorded in accordance with internal processes and procedures.
* Ensure temporary works peer reviews on projects are arranged and carried out.
* Oversee the timely production of temporary works drawings in an agreed format.
* Ensure design certificates and design check certificates are properly produced and issued to the correct personnel in a timely manner.
* Ensure compliance with internal procedures on control of temporary works
* Carry out site visits where, according to the implementation risk classification of a package of temporary works, this is deemed necessary. This is to make sure temporary works installed on site comply with design requirements and restrictions.
* Work with the TWC and Temporary Works Supervisor (TWS to agree loading and striking procedure of temporary works and if necessary, advise visit site to perform site inspections.
* When necessary, carry out tool box talks with temporary works designers on issues relating to safety and compliance with design procedures and procedural control of temporary works.
* In conjunction with TWC, carry out tool box talks on site with site staff (Site manager/TWS and erectors) to ensure critical timings and hold and inspection points are fully understood for more complex areas of temporary works design.
* Manage a small team of temporary works designers of different abilities who can work collectively on a big project or alone on less involved projects.
* Assess design briefs and situations presented to them and make sound evidence-based decisions on how to proceed in terms of developing a compliant, buildable and safe temporary works design solution; liaising with other parties as required and directing personnel within their own team to achieve the collective project aims.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.