Possessions Planning Engineer - Rail
Possession Planning Engineer - Rail
04/08/22 - 30/06/23
KNOWLEDGE NEEDED OF KENT & SUSSEX AREA PLANNING AND DC LINE ISOLATION
£315.00 per day
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Deliver all aspects of Engineering Access Planning, ensuring the safe, efficient, and cost-effective planning of engineering access. Deliver the co-ordinated planning, resourcing, and implementation of engineering access in accordance with project timescales and industry standards. To effectively manage resources including quality, safety, time, costs, people, materials, and tools / equipment
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
- Responsibility for delivery of engineering access safely, to time and within budget
- Endure the safety culture is authentic zero accident / incident
- Responsibility for planning all track access activities and managing the required resources
- Responsibility for compliance with appropriate legislation and standards
- Ensure that all resources hold appropriate qualifications / licences for the activities carried out.
- Ensure rework cycles on projects are minimised and lesson learnt are implemented
- Implementation of approved best practice techniques to ensure standards are maintained
- Apply appropriate planning, safety, and performance measures to all engineering possessions.
- Maintain accurate and details records of possession arrangements
- Proactively deliver track access and operational interface elements of projects within timescales during both planning and implementation
- Ensure engineering access timescales and critical milestones are met
- Produce and book robust, safe, deliverable & technically compliant possessions, worksites, signalling disconnections and electrical isolations on behalf of the client.
- Book engineering and test trains as required (via NROL or Network Rail processes)
- Attend Network Rail possession / territory meetings to ensure appropriate deconfliction of works and appropriate access is obtained.
- Book / confirm appropriate possession resources.
- Resolve possession / Worksite conflicts to deliver the plan, whilst minimising commercial risk
- Identify possession / engineering access risks and implement mitigation risks throughout the possession lifecycle
- Produce WON section C, D and Operating Notice material and submit to Network Rail within timescales
- Negotiate with Network Rail, Train and Freight Operating Companies for disruptive / enhances possessions and access to Network Rail and third party owned depots / yards.
- Support submission of tender documentation, ensuring that possession, isolation and signalling disconnection strategies are identified and secured.
- Provide professional advice from an operations / engineering access viewpoint
- Track competences relevant to role (Safe System of Work Planner, SWL2, ES, SWL1, COSS, IWA,)
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years railway operations experience of which 2 years should include planning / management of engineering work.
- Good communication skills at all levels of department and other disciplines also customer and suppliers
- Excellent IT skills (specifically MS Office)
- The ability to prioritise workload and achieve objectives
- A high degree of self-direction
- Commercial awareness and ability to manage work packages and identify change
- A proven track record of delivery, with demonstratable ability to form effective working relationships
- Through knowledge of the rule book, railway operating rules, regulations for train signalling and group standards
- Sound working knowledge of engineering access planning tools (including PPS, Green Zone Planner, Sectional Appendix, Train Planning, Electrical Isolation booking process, Engineering Access Statement and on-trac/e-pic systems)
- Appreciation of ORR Informed Traveller regulations and Network Rail Schedule 4 compensation structure for disruption to Train and Freight Operating Companies
- Technical competence demonstratable by appropriate SSOW planner licence
- Hold full UK driving licence
To apply for this role send your CV to:
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.