Painter / Paint Technician
Painter/ Paint Technician
6 - 12 month Contract
£24.23 per hour Umbrella
No Rail / Paint Technician required only Painting experience needed ****
Due to expansion my client a leading rolling stock company providing engineering cutting edge technology is currently looking to recruit Technician's - Aesthetics on a contract basis in Southampton.
Purpose of Role:
To undertake all aspects of the external aesthetics, ensuring that all work carried out meets customer requirements to the specified standard.
- ? Undertake remedial minor damage repair work of rolling stock including types of paint application repairs
- ? Carry out all forms of refurbishment of rolling stock
- ? Assist other team members with the development of technical skills
- ? Undertake any other duties as and when required
Knowledge & Experience:
- You must have relevant experience of vinyl and graphics applications (not necessarily on rolling stock) but be comfortable in this working environment.
- ? Must have relevant experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment
- ? Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- ? Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
- ? Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- ? Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- ? Safety critically assessed
- Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities:
- ? Accept a personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions
- ? Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations
- ? Use all equipment provided safely and notifying local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent
- ? Inform management of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new materials, plant or processes which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment
- ? Inform management of any potential improvements that could improve Siemens environmental performance
- ? Immediately inform management of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work
- ? Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do so
- ? Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.