Would you like your work to influence the future of low carbon energy? Here at the UK Atomic Energy Authority, we are researching Fusion Energy, we are aiming to create truly clean energy to power the world for future generations.
You'll join a team of talented and experienced designers working on providing solutions for a number of complex and challenging design problems.
You could be working at STEP (Spherical Tokamak for Energy Production) - a programme to deliver the first commercially viable fusion reactor, or working on projects for JET, MAST, ITER or DEMO.
In this role you'll provide mechanical CAD support to UKAEA programmes, you work will include:
* Work within a project team to produce CAD parts, assemblies, and detail drawings to UKAEA standards.
* Supported by the configuration team, ensure all CAD data is correctly configured.
* Regular and proactive communication with engineering lead to progress designs and resolve issues.
* Perform formal checks on other designers work to ensure quality is assured prior to release.
* Produce presentation material for design reviews, present as required.
* Assist the Work Package Manager during manufacture, testing and the development phases of a project.
* Follow UKAEA procedures, processes, and protocols.
* Manage time to achieve project deadlines.
* Co-ordinate Mechanical Design tasks in line with project priorities and deadlines.
* Provide input to project plans to maintain delivery targets.
* Minimum HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
* Experience using CATIA V5 CAD software. Competent using the following workbenches;
o Part Design
o Assembly Design
o Generative Shape Design
o Sheet Metal Design
* Good knowledge of Design for Manufacture.
* Familiar with BS 8888 and GD&T.
* Competent user of Microsoft Office.
* Fluent in written and spoken English language
* Familiar with SmarTeam PLM system or equivalent.
Experience using CATIA V5 CAD software to design technically complex components, preferably within a multi-disciplinary team. An understanding of design for vacuum, remote handling, cryogenics and material selection for fusion applications is considered an advantage.
Please note: this role is offered on a PAYE or Umbrella basis.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.