Do you have a track record of delivering complex, high value projects?
Do you have experience of successfully delivering complex projects within budget and timescale?
Do you hold a recognised project management qualification?
UKAEA is a world leader in fusion technology and at the forefront of the UK's drive for a low carbon future. This is an opportunity to help build and develop UKAEA's current and new facilities and enable the organisation to continue it's world leading research in the coming decades.
You'll be responsible for driving and overseeing the delivery of the project or projects to ensure that the objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints. You'll have a key role in project governance and working with stakeholders, to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered to enable benefits to be realised.
In this role you'll:
* Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
* Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team.
* Provide effective leadership and management controls in accordance with UKAEA corporate standards.
* Design the project structure and organisation appropriate to the stage of the project throughout the delivery lifecycle.
* Use industry standard and appropriate delivery methodologies in accordance with UKAEA standards and the stage of the project.
* Develop the budget and track delivery within budget.
* Manage effective transition between project phases and transition to business as usual at the end of the project.
* Deliver the agreed Business Case benefits and outcomes.
* Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the Business Case.
* Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and need for senior level support. Manage internal and external relationships as appropriate.
* Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Identify and work with related projects and programmes to manage interdependencies
* Support effective governance and decision making. Provide timely and accurate reporting and engage in mechanisms that hold you, as Project Manager, to account for delivery.
* Engage with assurance reviews in accordance with UKAEA standards, and support action on recommendations. Organise assurance processes such as stage gate reviews, as required.
* Ensure effective Change Management is in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders, and in line with corporate change processes.
* Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintain Project Plan. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls. Manage performance and report progress to sponsors.
* Proven track record of leading a variety of complex projects for a minimum of 3 years
* Ability to engage successfully with diverse groups of stakeholders
* Previously worked in a multi-disciplined environment, managing projects that impact across multiple business areas.
* Previously worked on projects that form part of a wider programme of deliverables.
* Experience of working within the public sector with an understanding of public sector procurement would be an advantage
* Project/programme management qualifications e.g. Prince2 Practitioner; APMQ; APM CHPP; MSP Practitioner.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.