Technical Information Lead
Do you have a background in engineering?
Do you have experience of managing technical or engineering data and information?
Have you been involved in implementation or supporting the implantation of PLM or similar solutions within a R&D environment?
Would you like to be work with our talented team of engineers and scientists to work on developing the concept design for a commercially viable fusion reactor?
Here at UKAEA engineers and scientists are researching fusion energy and related technologies, with the aim of positioning the UK as a leader in sustainable nuclear energy.
The STEP Programme (Spherical Tokamak for Energy Production) is an ambitious programme to design and construct a prototype fusion energy plant.
This is a critical role to ensure that information and design data is accessible by all relevant stakeholders and that technical information across the project can be received, stored, retrieved and distributed.
The role of the STEP Technical Information Lead is to:
* Enable the receipt, storage, retrieval, distribution and disposal of product technical information:
o Facilitate information capture and identification to meet the needs of the Programme
o Coordinate information management with Product Teams and technical clerks to ensure effective distribution of information
o Ensure product technical information is structured appropriately across the project to facilitate timely access by the relevant operational teams and wider programme stakeholders
o Ensure technical product information is coordinated and integrated appropriately across the STEP programme
* Set and control STEP technical information management procedures and guidance:
o Ensure adherence to information management procedures and guidance
* Manage the Transition from current enabling technology and toolsets to an appropriate future state to support delivery:
o Act as customer for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) implementation to ensure it meets project needs
o Inform the development of web-based information portals for technical design information
* Drive a robust, forward looking and efficient information management culture within the programme.
You should hold:
* Appropriate technical qualifications (Degree or equivalent applied experience)
* Chartership of an accredited body
* Expertise in information management and data protection obtained via further training and experience or equivalent
* Experience in the management of technical information across a complex engineering and/or science project or programme
* Experience in the development of a concept design and the management of the associated technical data and information
* Sound knowledge and application experience of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) techniques
* Proficient IT skills and ability to use Microsoft Office packages (including SharePoint)
* Experience in identifying information processes and procedures within Office 365
* Fluent in written and spoken English language
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written including document writing
* Ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely documents
* Experience of defining information risks and having the professional knowledge and expertise to develop mitigations and the appropriate tools
* Experience in Quality Management processes and information and records management principles
* Experience of working in a multi-disciplined research environment
* Experience in the implementation of BIM Level 2 or PLM systems
* Experience of Technical Configuration management processes
* Experience of implementing and administering Change Management Process
* Experience and/or training in CMII principles
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.