Safety Case Engineer
Do you have experience of Safety Case work?
Have you worked in the nuclear (or similar highly regulated industry) sector?
With a notable increase in funding for our Fusion research activities, we need to expand the capabilities of our Safety Case team.
You could be part of this challenging expansion plan, helping to realise UKAEA's long term objective of making fusion energy a reality.
You'll provide a Safety Case service to existing and future fusion research facilities both at UKAEA and in the wider fusion community
In your role you'll be responsible for:
* Production and periodic review of UKAEA Facility Safety Cases. You'll obtain and collate information from those managing the facility, Health Physics, Waste Management and Safety Group select and summarise information relevant to the safety case. This involves carrying out deterministic and probabilistic risk assessment and selecting appropriate values and models.
* Assessment of Safety Case Modifications. This involves collecting information from the Responsible Officer for the modification and from the facility manager. You'll also review the existing safety case and determine whether the safety limits are being challenged
* Production of Technical Reports in support of the Safety Case. This would involve research into assessment methods and selecting an appropriate methodology.
* Preparation of Safety Case supporting material for Site Safety Working Party.
* Attendance and input into the Design Review process.
* Contribute to ensuring modern best practices methodologies and technologies are followed.
- Degree in Science or Engineering.
- Proven experience in Nuclear Safety Case Production.
- Training and experience as HAZOP Chair/Secretary.
- Experience of Fault Schedule production.
- Training and experience in Fault Tree Analysis.
- Extensive experience in performing Design Basis Analysis (DBA) and Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA).
- Detailed technical knowledge of radiation hazards.
- General knowledge of industrial hazards.
Please note, the contract is offered on PAYE or Umbrella basis ONLY.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.