Rail Operational Support
07:00/08:00 to 15:00/16:00 Monday-Friday
37 hours/week, timings are flexible
£16.04 p/h PAYE
£20.93 p/h Umbrella
Successful candidate must be available to interview and start as soon as possible.
Purpose of the job…
Provide materials operational support for a large contract working on rolling stock. Predominantly, the role is to ensure material requirements are met in the most efficient and professional manner.
Educational requirements and experience…
- Minimum basic qualification to GCSE Maths and English
- Alternatively, development of appropriate knowledge through experience would be acceptable
- Warehousing / Logistics experience
- SAP Experience within Warehousing environment
- Experience of working in a manufacturing or logistics environment
To work as directed by The Northern Material Manager in the following areas
1) SAP computer operating activities
a) Goods Reception
b) Material Location
c) Issuance of materials
d) Transfer of materials
e) Carry out regular stock checks using the Physical Inventory process.
f) Management of repairable and warranty stock
g) Reports to monitor transactions
a) Be present to daily conference calls
b) Inform Fleet Supply Liaison Manager daily of SQDC failures including EHS/5s issues, Safety Critical Stock Levels, Unsatisfied Demands, quality and cost issues.
c) Using Microsoft Office software packages for general administrative activities including email, spreadsheets, presentations and document writing
d) Confidently Interface with customers advising / resolving material problems and advise on material management.
e) Plan for, assist and prepare for customer audits
f) Answering calls
g) Printing documentation and location labels
h) Filing and providing historical evidence of documentation
i) Comply with all Client Supply Chain Procedures
j) Keeping work areas clean and tidy at all times
a) Ensure the store is safe to operate within via line of route
b) Ensure all parts are received correctly
c) Ensure parts are located at the point of reception
d) Ensure all locations are identified and the part is identified within the location
e) Ensure all parts to be located are securely managed so that no injury can happen
f) Ensure all items in excess of 20kg's have weight labels attached
g) Ensure all parts are stored in accordance with Client Procedures
h) Repairable stock conciliations, by ensuring that a broken part is received for every good part issued.
i) Ensuring the returns area is always kept organised and clear
j) Ensuring all goods being despatched are secure and packaged well
k) Management of Safety Critical Parts
a) Maintenance of Kanban bins for lineside provision of material to Production.
b) Delivery of materials to point of use as required.
c) Arranging collection and deliveries of parts to and from the Crofton Depot utilising transport logistic portals
d) Operation of Mechanical or Electrical appliances including Fork Lift Trucks
e) Driving a vehicle between depots upon urgent requirements
5) Provide professional materials support to the Class 180 Project from off -site location.
6) Represent the Client as the parts specialist within the individual customers' depot operations.
7) Responsible and accountable for Ensuring parts are held in stock at various locations to correct mod level. Taking appropriate action to resolve any problems or issues associated with this and other areas. Using own initiative to continually update and improve ways of working.
8) Ensure parts held in stock incorporate the most recent FMI or VMOI.
9) Plan for, assist and prepare for customer audits
10) Responsible for Producing action / project plans to ensure smooth transition from Commercial to Operations and any corrective action planning.
Note, our Client operates a strict Zero-Tolerance Drug and Alcohol policy - successful candidates will be required to take a Drug & Alcohol Test before starting on site.
Please send your CV directly or all 01619262010 for immediate consideration.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.