Rolling Stock Production Manager
Rullion have a role for a Production Manager to join a small rolling stock project based out of a large Rail Depot in Manchester.
This is a great opportunity for a Manager with Rolling Stock experience preferred or within a heavy engineering sector such as Aerospace, HGV and HM Forces to work with a world leading company.
The project started in June 2022 and will be until March 2023 with the opportunity of joining another project thereafter.
The position will be on Days and Nights Shift Basis (Monday to Friday) Covering 40-48 hours per week.
This role is inside of IR35 and the Rate is paying upto £36.57 per hour through an Umbrella Company.
Purpose of the Job:
My client is dedicated to the successful and safe delivery of its contractual commitments and to the achievement of its business plan. This post shall be pivotal in achieving this.
The post objectives will be to ensure that production targets, quality standards and safety requirements are achieved through the execution of the production plan and through the efficient management of resources. Ensure that trains are delivered on time in a safe, clean and fully functional condition to our customers.
Reporting to the Senior Production Manager
* Minimise depot-operating costs and maximise depot-operating efficiencies through effective depot resource planning and controlling of production overtime, while ensuring delivery of the Traincare Centre Maintenance Daily Plan - all customers.
* Actively promote 5S, Lean maintenance philosophies and methodologies;
* Support Kaizen workshops in line with the Business plans
* Managing the Production Teams (or Workshops and Wheel Lathe Teams)
* Monitoring and controlling Production on a shift-by-shift basis.
* Ensuring that accountability for production is clearly defined and delegated.
* Identifying people requirements for budgeted fixed workload ensuring flexibility and high levels of productivity are achieved.
* Identifying training and other resource needs to facilitate production in the most effective way.
* Ensure work is performed in a safe, effective manner and in accordance with the H&S at Work Act, Rules and Regulations, Railway Group Standards and Policies and Procedures.
* Review work plans with Production Controllers to ensure daily production targets are met as effectively and efficiently as possible.
* Responsible for ensuring IT systems SAP, TACT, RAVERS and GEMINI are updated and where required concluded in relation to work done.
* Minimum of a HNC in an Engineering field.
* IT skills - competent user of Personal Computer, including office packages, e-mail, Internet.
* Good communication, verbal and written, report writing and organisational skills.
Desired Knowledge / Experience:
* Experienced in fleet and/or maintenance operations and planning workloads effectively.
* Technical knowledge of relevant Traction and Rolling Stock.
* Knowledge and understanding of Network Rail Rules and Regulations.
* An understanding of SAP and ability to use MS Office packages.
* Knowledge of Rail industry IT systems, Ravers, Trust and Gemini.
* People management experience of large groups of staff 10+ Preferred
* Experience of maintenance management in the railway industry
* Understanding of Railway Depot and Railway Industry Operations preferable.
Please note that my client operate a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.