Rolling Stock - Quality Inspector
Rullion have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Inspector to join a world leading Rail-Rolling Stock company, based out of their Modernisation Technology Centre in the North West.
Location: Widnes, Cheshire (On site, as hybrid working is not available)
Hours: 37 hours per week - Monday to Friday.
Rate: £15.55 per hour PAYE or £19.31/£20.27 per hour Umbrella company.
This role is inside of IR35 and therefore PAYE and Umbrella company are only payment options.
Duration: ongoing contract
The Quality inspector ensures the compliance of products and parts delivered by the clients facilities. The QI performs inspections, checks, tests, and sampling procedures according to the applicable instructions on products ready for delivery and on products during their manufacturing process. The QI validates manufacturing control plans. These control plans are written in close relationship with PME (Process & Manufacturing Engineering) teams.
Accountabilities & Authorities:
- Perform inspections and ensure product compliance (check after rework).
- Records inspection results in the industrial digital tools as required.
- Perform destructive & non-destructive examination when required and qualified.
- Maintain inspection records per component, assembly and vehicle.
- Maintain Quality documentation for components, assemblies and vehicles.
- Participate in customer joint inspections.
- Preparation of approval and shipping documents.
- Control the correct calibration of critical equipment's and instrumentations used in the inspections.
- Inspection method time adherence.
- Defect characterisation.
- Management of rework
- Associates degree, technical major preferred.
- Must be able to read drawings / specifications and familiar with a variety of test equipment.
- Qualified on special process of the candidates scope of work.
- 4+ years quality inspection experience within manufacturing industry
- Awareness on processes and products delivered in the project.
- Rigor, communication
- Knowledge of Qualify standard (ISO9001, IRIS, CMMI) and quality tools
- Experience in operational activites, documentation management & collaboration and team working.
Rolling Stock / Light Rail is an advantage, but not essential.
Experience in Quality / Auditing within an engineering environment is required.
This role is subject to Drugs & Alcohol Testing, due to working in a Safety Critical Environment.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.