Rullion require a Project Manager with industrial experience to lead an exciting new project with a world leading company, based out of their Modernisation Engineering Centre in Widnes, Cheshire.
The role is to manage a project from the tender, through to execution and warranty.
You will be required to ensure that customer commitments are achieved, and our client's objectives are met.
You will be setting up tenders, project plans, structured work packages, commercials, logistics and costings.
The ideal candidate will have an engineering or industrial degree and have at least 3 years' experience of project management in an industrial engineering environment. The project management experience should be from within a formalised project management environment. Must be able to demonstrate that you have completed a project from start to finish and not just delivered projects.
This is a 2 year project contract role and will be based out of their facility in Widnes, Cheshire - Monday to Friday - 37 hours per week. (Therefore applicants in the North West are preferred)
This role is inside of IR35 and you have the option of PAYE or Umbrella pay status.
- The PAYE pay rate is £23.32 to £25.75 per hour
- The Umbrella pay rate is £29.95 to £33.14 per hour
Prepare and manage the Project Management Plan for each project, ensuring that the integrated plan supports the successful execution of the contract
Structure the project into a coherent set of work packages that delivers the contractual commitments
* Agree QCD (Quality Cost Delivery) commitments with each Work Package Owner
* Raise and resolve conflicts with Business Managers when impact is beyond project scope
* Ensure that individual Work Package QCD commitments support the successful execution of the contract.
* Review work packages regularly with the Work Package Owners to identify and resolve issues
Be the primary contact with customers, partners, and other stakeholders for project issues
* Communicate regularly with customer for project progress and related issues
* Negotiate variation orders, claim issues and contractual/revenue issues with the customer
* Manage customers' problems and take responsibility for resolving them
* Identify and communicate to Customer Director any information that can lead to new business opportunities or improved customer relationships.
Manage staff working directly for projects.
Make decisions on issues that affect performance at the Project level
* Review and decide on recommendations for resolving key issues within projects
* Ensure that all decisions are executed
* Manage conflicts and obtain resolutions
* Develop and monitor action plans accordingly
Manage Risks, Savings and Opportunities for each project
Manage projects in accordance with our client's processes:
* Lead Project Reviews and Gate Reviews, including organisation and reporting
* Report project performance to business management through regular, structured project reviews
* Participate in the preparation of tenders by acting as Bid Manager.
Further information on the client and the role will be provided upon application.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base, from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.