Mechanical Fitter / Wire Personnel
Rullion are recruiting for an up and coming project with a large established Rolling Stock and Light Rail Company, based out of their bespoke facility in Widnes, Cheshire.
There will be over 20 x positions for Mechanical Fitters with Electrical experience. (90% Mechanical to - 10% Electrical bias)
Roles will be Monday to Friday and covering 37 hours per week. (Early and Late Shifts will cover between 06:00 hours to 22:00 hours)
You must be experienced of working in a safety critical environment and have a desire to work in the rail industry.
The project is to refurbish Motors and Gearboxes from Light Rail Rolling Stock. Tasks include: Stripping out Motors, Replacing gearbox shafts, bearing replacement and full overhauls. In addition to these mechanical roles, there will be some Taking apart the casings, replacing electrical components, stripping out old wiring looms, crimping in new looms The looms are built and wired off site so this is not a fully electrical role. However an understanding of the installation and crimping is useful.
Experience and qualifications required:
* Time served, apprenticeship or City & Guilds NVQ level 3 in a Mechanical Discipline.
* Ability to read and understand drawings & specifications
* Ability to crimp up looms (the looms will be supplied)
* Stripping and re-assembling components
* Experience of working to procedures, work instructions and vehicle maintenance instructions.
* Practical knowledge and experience of mechanical engineering
Payment status is either PAYE or Umbrella Company, as these roles are determined to be inside of IR35 with the client.
Please note my client operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.