Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
Rullion have a great opportunity for an Electrical/Mechanical Fitter to be part of a long term Rail Rolling Stock maintenance overhaul project, within a small experienced team in Manchester.
No experience is required in Rolling Stock, but it is an advantage. We will accept a background in either HGV, Buses, Aerospace, Ships, Armed Forces Transport or with any other large transportation or equipment.
This is an immediate start and is on a long term contract.
Hours: Upto 48 Hours - Days only - Monday to Friday.
This role is inside of IR35 and payment options available are:
£20.55 per hour Umbrella Company
£15.60 per hour PAYE.
NVQ Level 3, Time served apprenticeship or equivalent with associated technical qualifications (City & Guilds, SVQ, NVQ) in an Electrical discipline.
Purpose of Role:
To work as a member of a team to service, maintain, repair and overhaul rolling stock and equipment, including the latest generation in train technology to laid down specifications. As part of a team, ensure that the fleet is serviced and maintained in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner whilst constantly seeking to improve quality.
Work as directed by and in co-operation with the Production Manager, will comply with:
* All depot protection procedures
* Understand and abide to safety notices, rules and regulations and follow safe working practices, H & S.A.W. and C.O.S.H.H.
* Will adhere to and work within Quality Systems to the current standard.
* Work as part of a team, complete or assist in any of the team's activities to ensure work is completed on time to specification.
Will be responsible for:
* Routine exam work
* Routine primary fault finding (to level of competency)
* Component exchange
* Carry out coach repairing tasks, plumbing, electrical/mechanical
tasks, welding/burning/brazing as required (If qualifications allow)
* Will carry out final work and process inspections as required.
* Will carry out Semiskilled Team Member duties as required if assessed competent.
* Will maintain good housekeeping of work area.
Please note that our client operates under a strict Drugs & Alcohol policy.
Any enquiries, please contact
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.