Mechanical & Electrical Technicians
Role: Mechanical/Electrical Technicians
Location: Dorset/Wiltshire/Somerset - Field-Based
Salary: £31,500 to £36,500 per annum plus stand-by allowance
Role Type: Permanent, Full-Time, 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Are you ready to make a real impact in the Utilities industry? We are on the lookout for skilled Mechanical & Electrical Technicians to join our team, representing a leading Utilities organization responsible for delivering water and wastewater services to over 1,100 sites throughout England and Wales. If you're passionate about ensuring the smooth operation of mechanical and electrical assets and relish the opportunity to work in a dynamic field-based role, we want to hear from you.
Please Note: Due to the nature of our operations, this role requires candidates to meet specific security clearance requirements, including being a full-time resident of the UK for the past 5 years. You should also be able to obtain Security Clearance, which involves a Criminal Record Check and a full MoD Security Application, along with associated verification processes. Additionally, a valid driving license is a must, and you should be comfortable driving a van.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary: Earn between £31,500 and £36,500 per annum, plus a stand-by allowance.
- Generous Benefits Package: Enjoy 25 days of annual leave, bank holidays, a birthday day off, an annual bonus scheme, a Westfield healthcare plan for you and your dependents, a generous pension scheme, flexible working hours, life assurance, critical illness cover, enhanced maternity and paternity benefits, and much more.
As a Mechanical & Electrical Technician (Electrical Bias), you will play a vital role in our front-line operation, ensuring that planned preventive maintenance (PPM) and reactive work on mechanical and electrical assets are completed to the highest standards, encompassing both clean and wastewater sites. You will be based in and around the Dorset/Wiltshire/Somerset areas, with a preference for candidates residing in or around the Warminster and Shaftesbury areas. This field-based position involves mobile working, minimal supervision in remote locations, and participation in a standby rota every fourth week. In return, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive culture that fosters your skills development within the water industry.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Complete Planned & Reactive Electrical and Mechanical tasks within timescale, quality, and cost parameters.
- Build and nurture relationships with operational customers, colleagues, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Work towards improving the value, performance, and overall service of the M&E Team.
- Identify follow-on work after completing planned or reactive tasks.
- Work efficiently to minimize travel time and customer disruption.
- Conduct risk assessments and create method statements, ensuring the safe execution of maintenance activities.
What You'll Bring:
- 18th Edition / C&G Level 3 / Electrical Engineering or equivalent time-served experience.
- A background in industrial asset maintenance is crucial for this role.
- Ability to read panel drawings and fault-find single or three-phase systems.
- Experience with inverters, motors, and star delta systems.
- Self-motivation and a desire to contribute positively to the South-West M&E team.
- Willingness to participate in a regional on-call rota to provide out-of-hours response and support to customers.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.