Electrical Facilities Engineer
£22.48 per hour PAYE / £28 Umbrella
6 month contract
Facilities Maintenance of the depot
- Undertake maintenance, inspection, and repair of depot plant in accordance with the agreed maintenance regime defined on the Maintenance Management System, including scheduling new tasks in accordance with statutory legislation as applicable.
- Check the facilities performance using the Building Management System on a daily basis for any alarms and rectify as applicable.
- Carry out regular weekly walk rounds of the site to identify any facility asset deterioration and report / repair as applicable.
- Ensure spares are identified / managed in line with materials required to comply with the agreed maintenance regime.
- Ensure that the planned maintenance is carried out in accordance with the asset maintenance plan.
- Ensure any contractor maintenance is handed back in correct condition and asset maintenance system updated to reflect work done or carried out.
- Plans and executes assigned maintenance or repair projects, which involves a range of qualifications or personal resources.
- Analyzes technical problems on site, and plans resources and budgets needed to solve the issue.
- Sets up maintenance projects, proposes resources, assigns targets and work orders, and monitors progress of repair measures.
- Acts as first point of contact for resolving more complex issues.
- Oversees ramp up, set up and start procedures in order to prepare machines and equipment for operations.
- Plans and completes installation projects on site, ensures proper documentation and cooperation with involved operations.
- Supports maintenance of technical documentations of processes and equipment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organization/planning skills
- Proven experience in plant and facilities maintenance
- A minimum City & Guilds or BTEC National qualification or equivalent in a mechanical/electrical
- engineering discipline
- Electrical wiring competency in accordance with the current amendment of BS 7671:2008
- Experience in fault finding, knowledge of IT and the ability to understand and interpret drawings and
- wiring diagrams is necessary
- Driving licence as the ability to travel to outstation sites is essential
- Background in managing resource - direct people management and management of contract
- Advanced Health & Safety knowledge - understanding of the relevant legislation and in particular
- experience of carrying out risk assessments
- Basic understanding of plumbing
Siemens supports applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us on 0161 233 7603
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.