Field Engineer - Mechanical
Field Engineer (Mechanical)
£325-400.00pd PAYE Contract (+ 33 days paid leave) or £433-533.00pd via approved umbrella
47.5 hours per week. 9.5 hours per day.
The NNB Surveillance Field Engineer will take responsibility for activities in the field relating to Construction Surveillance. They will form part of a team with the primary role to deliver the NEC Supervisor duties described in the NEC contract and ensure that HPC Quality needs, targets and expectations are realised.
The Field Engineer is responsible for the surveillance of quality compliance within the designated section of the Works in accordance with NNB surveillance strategy requirements.
The Field Engineer will report to the Construction Superintendent for day to day guidance. The Field Engineer will input into site wide management issues and a high level of interaction and coordination with other operational members of the site wide team will be required. In addition to reporting and liaising responsibilities, the Field Engineer will be required to adhere to (and suggest enhancements and improvements to) company policies, procedures and protocols for construction, health & safety and other functions.
The Field Engineer will be required to;
* Check the Works are constructed in accordance with the contract and notify the Construction Superintendent of non-conformance request requirements
* Submit details of any non-conformance request requirements to assist in the issuing of non-conformance reports
* Proactively communicate with other site teams, maintain good communication links and ensure surveillance is timely reported
* Contribute surveillance information to support KPI indicators
* Endeavour to identify potential Quality issues before they arrive to enable mitigating actions
* Support team instructions to take temporary measures to mitigate and keep works safe and within Quality standards. Follow up by taking appropriate and proportionate action (e.g. issue communications, call meetings) to prevent the halt of works
* Ensure design decisions are not taken "in the field" by EDF Energy or contractors, but are considered and approved via a formal process
* Enhance the team with a good perspective of current and future site activities
* Ensure tasks are developed to quality in accordance with the company's requirement for health, safety and environment
* Develop and maintain an understanding of construction drawings, construction activities, Quality Control Plans and Quality Inspection Records
* Ensure and monitor that Quality Inspection Records are taken and agreed before Works are covered up
* Review Contractor performance against the authorised Quality Control Plan
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
* Broad knowledge and wide understanding of the building industry, materials, trades methods and legal requirements
* Excellent organisation, delegation and communication skills. Ability to work within a high performing team that continuously outperforms expectations and objectives
* Proven experience of writing diaries which are accurate, concise and with relevance to the particular form of contract
* Proven track record of working within a large construction team
* A minimum of HND in a Civil/ Mechanical Engineering qualification or equivalent vocational training and experience
* Good attention to detail when checking work and materials
* Able to establish appropriate working relationships with the contractors
* Persuasive and diplomatic whilst remaining independent
* Experience in the installation and erection of large Civil Works and including working with reinforced concrete as an area of expertise
* General understanding of the posts obligations under CDM Regulations - along with an understanding of the document and drawing approvals processes
* Strong communication skills in English is required, and knowledge of French can be an advantage
* Experience in the use of electronic hand held devices to capture information
They will be required to attend and pass the HPC Clerk of Works course as part of our upskilling training programme.
This contract vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.