Quality Forum Manager
Quality Forum Manager
Hinkley Point C
up to £500/day PAYE
8 hours/day 40 hours/week
The Quality Forum Manager supports the Construction Technical Support and Civils Programme Quality Delivery Manager in planning and delivering Quality Leadership Forums on the HPC project. The role involves liaising with different stakeholders across the project, NNB and Contract Partners, to identify the areas for learning and improvement. The Quality Forum Manager plays a key role in promoting Quality learning across the 6 programmes on the project and is key to ensuring strategic Quality issues are identified and addressed appropriately through the forums.
HInkley Point C is a nuclear site, based in West Somerset, 15 miles from Bridgwater. The NNB ambition is to build two major EPR nuclear plants, and the position will be part of HPC site Construction Technical Support Team. Due to the scale of this project, requirements and arrangements the Quality Forum Manager should have worked in large projects. The Quality Forum Manager will have to work collaboratively with other functions on HPC site and Bridgewater House offices.
Framework & Boundaries
The Quality Forum Manager works within the Site Construction Directorate and interfaces with the Quality Delivery Managers of the 6 programmes work on matters of quality. There will also be link with the Quality & Learning as well as Assurance functions to work on matters that affect quality.
- Plan, facilitate and manage the HPC Quality Leadership Forum
- Develop an annual plan for the forums considering the 6 programmes and geographical areas on site
- Liaise with the all key stakeholders within NNB (programmes and functions) and with Contract Partners to ensure that all the relevant information is obtained in preparation for the forums
- Engage senior management within NNB and Contract Partners to participate and contribute in the forums
- Review and update the Terms of Reference for the forum as required
- Review the format of the forum regularly to ensure that participants are benefitting from it
- Ensure that all forums discuss issues relevant to the teams that are participating in the forum
- Record minutes of each forum and follow-up actions from it to completion
The Construction Technical Support Team is part of the Site Construction Directorate and works closely with other teams on site as well as off site.
- Accountable to the Quality Assurance Lead to deliver the Quality Leadership Forums
- The majority of the working week will be spent on site at Hinkley Point in Somerset.
- There will be a need to work alongside other departments and contract partners
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Significant experience in Quality management on large projects leading teams of people
- Proven ability to engage Senior Management and variety of stakeholders to work in the interest of improving quality
- Ability to contribute to the management of a high performing team that continuously outperforms expectations and objectives
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems and experience of the application of ISO 9001 standard in a construction, engineering or industrial context.
- Ability to present to diverse and large audience engaging them in useful discussion
- Be able to write informative, concise and meaningful reports
- Possess excellent organisation and communication skills
- As a minimum, applicants will be educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Chartered member of the CQI
- Tertiary qualifications in an Engineering discipline or equivalent vocational training and experience
- Previous experience working in the nuclear or a similarly regulated industry would be highly valued
Please send your up to date CV
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.