Construction Delivery & Maintenance Lead
Construction Delivery & Maintenance Lead
Hinkley Point C
The Site Operations Construction Delivery and Maintenance Lead supports activities across the Project relating to the construction, operation, and maintenance of designated temporary infrastructure to support the delivery of the main works. It includes day to day on site supervision and forward planning of works with our team of Tier 1 contractors to safely and efficiently deliver the works to support the successful delivery of the project.
The Construction Delivery and Maintenance Lead will assist tactical logistics planning for individual works sections in support of the work completed on strategic logistics. Thereafter, they will be responsible for the detailed planning and implementation, in collaboration with the rest of the HPC Delivery Team and Area Management Team
The HPC project is likely to be the largest infrastructure project in Europe for the foreseeable future, and Site operations activities tend to be dynamic and fast paced, with only key deliverables appearing on an integrated work schedule. This is due to the emerging nature of unplanned works that are created within service areas such as infrastructure, utilities, civil woks etc. The ability to re-prioritise and restore service provision is a key deliverable in those circumstances.
Framework & Boundaries;
Site Operations is a stand-alone Multi-Disciplinary Team [MDT], that brings together Logistical and Business Support functions that due to the scope and complexity of the services it provides must fully integrate with all contractors and all other site based MDT's and all Associated Developments. It must remain cognisant of the drive to engage with the local supply chain, and remain aligned with Pre-Construction Planning strategy and philosophy
The Delivery and Maintenance Lead will.
* Manage day to day the provision of a critical live infrastructure support service to a construction workforce of circa 8,000.
* Manage and be directly responsible for the infrastructure operations and maintenance service contract valued at circa £40m [full project lifecycle]
* Support the contract partners in their delivery of the works packages to enable efficient delivery of the of their sections works.
* Recommend temporary measures to mitigate against safety and / or quality concerns. Follow up by taking appropriate and proportionate action (e.g. issue communications, call meetings) to avoid the halt of works.
* Monitor works on site and input into the construction daily report to ensure information is reported up through the organisation
* Proactively communicate with other site teams (H&S, contract, project controls, logistics) and other Delivery Leads to maintain good communication links, and ensure activity is well and timely reported.
* Ensure clear, two-way communication with the Area managers so that all activity and issues are directed appropriately
* Ensure the contract partners team are fully competent to perform their assigned roles - and that any shortfalls are reported to the Service Manager without delay
* Develop and implement plans to ensure service delivery meets or exceeds the expectations and project work schedule
* Ensure early intervention to avoid any escalation of issues affecting service delivery by working in the spirit of a 'one team approach'
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
* Proven track record managing utility maintenance or temporary infrastructure schemes.
* Experience of working with and developing budgets.
* Management [or leadership] experience in a service led environment.
* Experience of working in a high security environment.
* Must be confident in own abilities and be able to deliver in a dynamic environment.
* Willingness to learn from both successes and failures.
* Proven experience within a large project environment.
* Excellent communication skills and able to strike up effective working relationships.
* Must be willing to work with our local supply chain partners in a cooperative way.
* Recognised and certificated 'Behavioural Safety Programme'.
* Recent IOSH accreditation [or equivalent].
For more information or to apply for this position, please send your CV
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.