Permit to Work Officer
Permit to Work Officer
40 hours per week. 8 hours per day.
£375-415.00 per day PAYE or £500-£554.00 per day via approved Umbrella
The Permit to Work Officer (MEH) will be responsible for assisting with the electronic Work Authorisation
and Permit System (P2W) that is being used to control and coordinate activities executed on site.
* Ensures that all requests are verified, and Method Statements, Risk Assessments and other attachments have been reviewed prior to the issue of work authorisations or permits to work.
* Issue Permits to Work in timely manner and assist in site scheduling and co-ordination.
* Develops and maintains a good working relationship with the Site Construction, Safety and Technical
* Develops and implements any new procedures with Safety and Admin Teams
* Proactively communicates with others field teams and NNB Site Managers to maintain good
* Contributes to weekly and monthly reports as well as issuing and maintaining performance and KPI
* Requests Contractor Partners to take temporary measures to mitigate and keep works safe and in
Quality. Then drives appropriate actions (communication, meetings) to mitigate disruption of works.
* Establish and maintain close links with HPC Project Managers to ensure that Contractors work within
their issued work instructions, risk assessments and permits to work.
* Report to Permit Office Manager or Assurance Officer any non-compliance issues
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
Knowledge & Skills
* Full understanding of UK Health and Safety regulations - in particular the Construction (Design and
Management) regulations 2015 (CDM) - and how they are applied to a construction environment.
* General professional qualities such as accuracy, tenacity, result-oriented and teamwork-oriented
* Good organisational skills
* Ability to work independently and be proactive
* Excellent communication/interpersonal skills notably with various levels of the organisation and
* Discretion - Confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
* Extensive knowledge of electrical or mechanical industry best practice
* Knowledge of French considered an advantage
* Knowledge and practical experience of the administration of a Permit to Work
Qualifications & Experience
* Experience in large scale projects such as power stations, refineries, petrochemical plants and new
* Mechanical or Electrical degree or similar qualification where it can be evidenced that management of safety was a core module of the qualification
* Engineering or process driven background required
* NEBOSH Diploma or industry recognised equivalent
* Experience in multi-discipline Construction Works and interface management
This contract vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.