Up to £300/day PAYE
The Commercial Manager will be the primary point of commercial contact on the contract(s) assigned to them and will be required to work closely and pro-actively with the other stakeholders at all levels and across all the teams within HPC to ensure that the requirements of the individual contracts and their impact upon the overall HPC Project are successfully delivered.
The Client Commercial Team within the overall Supply Chain Directorate underpins the assurance, compliance and delivery of the professional services contracts that support the delivery of the HPC New Build Project.? With accountability for the placement and management of all NEC professional services contracts, the team delivers both resource augmentation and service delivery from the approved supply chain into the HPC organisation.
Contracts totaling circa £75m per annum are commercially managed and administered by the team, with dedicated Supplier Relationship Management tools and procedures deployed to ensure the required levels of value are delivered by the supply chain partners to the delivery aspects of the project.
Commercially responsible, on any contract assigned to them, for all pre and post contract commercial issues relating to a contract on the HPC project. Other accountabilities include:
- Reporting and providing support to a Senior Commercial Manager or Commercial Lead including assessing the scope, duration and expected value of each of the Contracts against the Contract Authorised Sum (CAS) and defining the commercial requirements of a contract.
- The Commercial Manager will typically be responsible for contracts totalling up to £75m in value annually, subject to level of risk or complexity.
- The Commercial Manager will typically lead a commercial team of up to five people.
- The day-to-day management of Supply Chain Assistants / Commercial Support Officers under their control
- Providing support to the procurement process during the Procurement phase (pre-award).
- Providing commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (post-award) to maximise operational and financial performance and minimise commercial risk.
- Providing commercial management for the delivery of contract final account agreements (close-out).
- Commercial Managers must provide commercial support to the Project Manager in the effective delivery of the contract and ensure formal completion and closure of all the Project Contracts, identification and recording of commercial lessons Learnt.
- Responsible for the delivery of the contract in accordance with HPC governance requirements; at all times operating in accordance with IMS rules and procedures to ensure that contracts are administered within delegation of authority and the overall NNB governance/assurance regime.
- Professional development of self and people within the team
- Responsible for ensuring that all Principal Accountabilities are implemented in accordance with HPC Commercial Procedures
- Administration of commercial management tools including, but not limited to, CEMAR and SAP.
- Member of the RICS/CICES/IOB or equivalent professional body is preferred.
- Effective commercial/contract management skills, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies.
- Possesses skills to act as deputy.
- Highly developed commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of significant financial value.
- Educated to degree level.
- Good understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management.
- Track record working with NEC & FIDIC contracts in the power construction industry and major projects; with knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential.
- Familiar with nuclear site licence conditions, the nuclear baseline philosophy, and the UK regulatory framework.
- Able to employ collaborative behaviours, lead by example and act proactively and positively upon feedback on personal attitudes/ behaviours.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.