N2 R&A Civil Lead
N2 R&A Civil Lead
Up to £535.00pd paye or up to £710.00pd Umbrella
40 hours per week. 8 hours per day.
Initial CED 08/11/2022
Civil Engineer's who can provide technical expertise to ensure the review, acceptance and technical delivery of design changes during construction of the building will thrive in this role. The successful role holder will have a working knowledge of concrete design codes such as Eurocode 2. We'll value your existing skills and experience while providing the opportunity to work closely with the JDO Design Team and Construction team to maintain the technical quality of responses (content / consistency / exhaustiveness / accuracy) and construction safety.
You will demonstrate accuracy, tenacity, diplomacy, results-oriented and be a team player, draft programmes and action plans in order to deliver specific project / assignment objectives. We're offering an opportunity to be part of EDF's ambitions to demonstrate strong experience within the construction industry and on-site working experience.
The principal accountabilities for the N2 R&A Civil Lead Engineer are:
* The approval of design changes proposed by the contractor or designer through Request for Information, field Change Request or Non-Conformance Report.
* Support the JDO in the handover of Design Packages released for construction and initiated the delegated responsibilities through this process.
* Ensure that processes comply with project quality procedures.
* Management of CDM aspects relating to the design changes during the construction period, including discharging the role of principle designer.
* Responsible for the nuclear safety acceptance of the design by carrying out surveillance on the design changes during construction.
* Actively report to the Permanent Civil Team Manager on risks and interfaces (technical & functional) and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised.
* Safety case/golden thread: in the review and acceptance process, ensure the high-level safety case and the design have a clear golden thread to support operations.
* Responsible for the day to day running of the N2 R&A team, to carry out the R&A approval role for the design modifications and to escalate any issues through the R&A Discipline Lead.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
Knowledge & Skills
* Design process and design activities (preferably related to Nuclear Industry)
* Working knowledge of Concrete design codes (e.g. Eurocode 2)
* Design with hazard & accidental safety cases.
* Working within UK CDM regulations and in a highly regulated industry.
* Working knowledge of construction change procedures.
* Experience in the use of ETC-C and nuclear Industry.
* Working in large-scale, multi-cultural industrial project, safety case architecture.
* Understanding and application of the Intelligent Customer Role.
* Health & Safety legislation including CDM and Nuclear Site License requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
* Advanced degree in civil or structural engineering subject, civil or structural Engineering.
* PWR technology design, safety case or operation.
* Working towards / Chartered Engineer with either ICE or IStructE.
This contract vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.