Up to £465.00pd PAYE Contract (+ 33 days paid leave) or up to £615.00pd umbrella
8 Hours per Day: 40 Hours per Week:
The role of the Project Manager is to provide the required leadership in order that effective delivery of the Equipment Programme of HPC is achieved, whilst recognising and managing the impacts of the programme on the wider Project.
The Project Manager reports directly to the Senior Project Manager and is responsible for the direction and leadership of all activities associated with the full life cycle (design, manufacture & supply) delivery of a contract or work package assigned to them, ensuring planning and delivery is in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the Project.
* Drive the delivery of the contract or package activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements. Monitor and manage the progress of the programme - track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
* Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the contact or package. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme budget, and escalate any issues to the Senior Project Manager
* Undertake all contract administration activities (with support of a Commercial Manager) including variations, claims, technical queries and instructions.
* Provide sufficient over site of the Tier 1's supply chain to ensure Nuclear Safety is maintained - This could involve over 100 Tier 2 and 3 international suppliers per contract
* Resolution of issues/ NCR's/ etc during the manufacturing process to ensure quality and schedule are maintained.
* Management of all change to the contract including - scope definition, business justification and implementation of agreed change in line with associated governance.
* Ensure level 3 schedules are developed and maintained for the contract or package of work. Ensure such schedules are consistent with overall Project schedules.
* Where applicable ensure that Qualification for Nuclear Safety activities are completed to validate the performance criteria of the equipment.
* Liaison with HPC Site team to ensure all pre shipping actives are complete to facilitate seamless delivery in line with schedule requirements.
* Assist in securing the required resources to meet their project requirements, ensuring the maintenance of SQEP for any assigned resource and promptly identifying any personnel shortfalls or issues within their project team
* Develop and implement strategies and plans in line with the overall programme execution plan (PEP), setting out how the programme of work will be managed, organised and executed. The PEP sets out the "why", "what", "how", "when" and "who" for the delivery of the programme
* Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders and executing the project or PEP strategies within their contract or package of work
* Apply the principles of Earned Value Management (EVM) and other usual commercial reporting requirements
* Apply the principles of Continuous Improvement, ensuring that lessons-learnt and knowledge-capture are practiced as business as usual.
* Interface with other programmes to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing and to identify and adopt the use of best practice
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
* Track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment.
* Demonstrate success in managing / developing:
o Engineering design, contract and field execution strategies for project delivery,
o Multi-discipline EPCM projects,
o Procurement and management of complex contracts,
o Control of costs; risk; schedule and change and proficient in the use of Earned Value tools,
o Close out of commercial claims and the associated negotiations.
* Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders.
* Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation. Proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools.
* Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment. Including NEC or FIDIC contracts.
* Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills. Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks.
* Strong numerical and analytical skills.
* Detailed understanding of PWR design and experience in PWR operations advantageous but not essential.
* Working knowledge of French language an advantage.
* Degree and chartered status in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
* Good knowledge of CDM Regulations.
* Knowledge and / or practitioner of Project Management with experience of applying either; APM body of knowledge and OGC's Prince 2.
* Understanding the needs of nuclear quality and how nuclear quality is assured and controlled.
* Understand how to apply a graded approach to quality
This contract vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.