Senior Project Engineer (Electrical)
Role: Senior Project Engineer - EC&I
Pay Rate: £437.50-£481.25 day rate (ltd/umbrella)
IR35 status: Inside
Duration: 12 months +
Hours: 37 hours - Mon-Thurs 07:25 - 17:00
- Significant experience in a practising disciplined Engineering role on industrial plant
- Significant experience of nuclear and/or conventional project engineering
- Detailed understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards
- Minimum HNC in Engineering
- Nuclear experience
- Considerable amount of project engineering experience
- Experience leading a team
- Design, commissioning, installing and testing experience
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of the Safety Rules and working knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant Site Licence and Quality Management System requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of CDM Designer role
- Contract Management
- Project delivery experience
To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for projects or engineering support on more complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
- Manage engineering support to the project.
- Contribute to production of Project Execution Plans including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
- Support project optioneering process
- Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects.
- Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
- Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
- Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
- Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instruction/method statements/risk assessments.
- Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Approve as built drawings.
- Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning
- Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
- Liaise and consult with system engineer and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
- Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
- Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
- Review on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.