CS&A Senior engineer
Job title: CS&A Senior engineer
Job Type: Permanent
IR35 Status: Inside
Start date: Subject to security
Salary: Negotiable, dependent on experience
Hours of work: 37hrs Mon-Fri
Applicants must have experience of the following:
* Ability to obtain SC clearance
* Ideally Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or demonstrated equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
* Professional membership of a relevant chartered body would be preferred e.g. MICE
* Proven experience working in a complex/major project engineering delivery environment of which at least two years in a supervisory capacity managing a CS&A engineering delivery team including management of engineering supply chain organisations.
* Knowledge of the UK nuclear site licence conditions and specifically those related to engineering
* Knowledge of configuration controlled nuclear baseline throughout the project facility lifecycle
* Knowledge of generic nuclear new-build safety case: stages and key deliverables; design change control; engineering deliverables
* Working knowledge of UK nuclear facility operational safety case: design change control/configuration management; facility modification; periodic review of safety
* Knowledge of design substantiation process and interactions with the nuclear safety case
* Full understanding of quality control and the relationship between nuclear safety and the project lifecycle
* Understand and apply relevant safety legislation, including: Construction Design and Management (CDM); Principal Designer requirements; Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER); Health and Safety at Work Act
* Understand and manage control of design on a project: production of Design Control Plans (DCP); design review management and input; design change control
* Produce appropriate engineering deliverables: Bases of design (BoD); analysis; calculations; drawings/diagrams; specifications
* Manage and coordinate technical risk management activities: risk management strategy and planning; risk identification and assessment; risk mitigation; risk register production and maintenance
* Coordinate the management of requirements: Understanding of systems engineering principles; requirements identification; configuration control; validation and verification
* Understand and work within / provides input to the project delivery lifecycle
* Manage and coordinate the development of engineering delivery baselines: scope definition; input to project management deliverables (WBS, schedule, estimate etc); project execution plan / engineering execution plan)
* Coordinate oversight of project delivery and project reporting: rules of credit; progress monitoring and reporting; recovery planning
* Engage with, and oversee delivery partners and supply chain organisations: specification of engineering and technical requirements; technical assessment of tenders; management of TQs and concessions; management of supply chain deliverables.
* Understand and work with / provides input to nuclear industry standard gated delivery processes
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.