Job title: Cost Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: £35-£40 per hour
Location: Cumbria or Preston
Applicants must have experience of the following:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular; Excel, Word, and Outlook.
-NVQ Level 3 and above or equivalent qualification in an engineering / construction / project management related discipline
- Experienced with cost management systems such as Oracle, SAP or equivalent preferable
-Experience of working within a project delivery environment.
- Experience across all stages of the project life cycle.
-Experience of working within NEC Projects.
Ideally applicants should also have:
* Apply project controls processes and procedures.
* Regular interfacing and integration with the project controls team to maintain an aligned financial position with the Project Plan.
* Attend project meetings to maintain knowledge of project status.
* Monitoring of costs incurred and ensuring correct cost allocation.
* Project cost forecasting.
* Revenue and gross margin monitoring and reporting.
* Ensuring corporate systems are up to date and an accurate reflection of the project.
* Measuring, understanding, and reporting on project variances.
* Clearly communicating the project performance position with variance analysis, rationale, and potential recovery plans.
* Develop and implement cost reporting systems to create accurate and efficient cost reporting internally and externally.
* Risk & opportunity management relative to the cost engineering role
* Contribute to Lessons Learnt process throughout the project lifecycle.
* Supporting other team members with the use of project controls systems.
* Support in the project set up, close out and reconciliations processes.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.