HV Design Engineer - Non-Traction 11kV & 33kV
The Secondary Substation Design Engineer shall be responsible for the production a of Concept through to detail design outputs associated with the provision of 33kV, 11kV and 22kV Non-Traction Power Substations as part of the Transpennine Route Upgrade with interfaces with ECML PSU and HS2.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the project design team is best placed to deliver all Electrical AC, 33kV, 11kV, 22kV LV, ELV systems and Earthing and Bonding within Secondary Distribution Substations within time and budget whilst maximising the opportunity to identify additional work opportunities subject to Network Rail additional works process. He/She will be responsible for engaging and instructing design engineers to provide a first-class design service to the construction teams and helping achieve our growth ambitions and commitments.
The Design Engineer shall provide the highest quality and level of Customer service. At the same time achievement of the delivery timescales and at budgeted cost without compromising the quality of product or service is a critical success factor.
The Design Engineers shall be required to have a good understanding of HSEQ legislation and procedures and incorporate them into the design.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
* Review of Tender document and preparation of Design Intent Document(s)
* Preparation of Protection SLD showing relays and meters (output supported by Protection & Control Team)
* Preparation of Functional Design Standards.
* Preparation of Logics & Interlocks.
* Review of Vendor drawings and documents (technical vetting of Control & Relay panels, Auxiliary System).
* Preparation of schematic diagrams for the interface's equipment in Control & Relay Panel scheme thus
* providing completeness.
* Preparation of circuit diagrams - New & Existing Set-up (applicable for retrofit projects).
* Preparation of Cable block diagram.
* Preparation of Cable Schedule.
* Preparation of Wiring/Termination diagrams.
* Preparation of Core sheets.
* Preparation of SCS IO Schedule.
* Preparation of Voltage drop calculation - Trip & Close coil, LVAC power cable.
* Identification of existing drawings and modifying them using red and green markups as per UK/IEC standard(s).
* Interface knowledge with Primary Equipment, Bay Controller Units /SCADA/RTU are essential.
* Auxiliary Power System design like Low Voltage AC Panel & DC Panel requirements.
* CT / VT Sizing & Battery Sizing calculations.
* As Built documentation.
* Co-ordination with other disciplines such as primary and secondary, Protection & Control.
* Vendor Offer Evaluations. FAT / SAT of primary equipment, system as and when needed.
* Co responsibility for obtaining customer approvals for the designs and drawings.
* Technical risk and opportunity assessment and validation.
* Take part in customer technical meetings / site visits for tender/project clarifications.
* Estimation of engineering effort for each project for costing at tender stage.
* Innovative ideas to reduce Engineering effort driving low carbon solutions.
? Engineering degree, preferable although no essential.
? Professional membership of the IET or equivalent as an Incorporated Engineer and working towards Chartership.
? Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of IEC and/or IEEE Standards.
? Demonstration of CPD.
Knowledge & Experience:
? A minimum of 2 years' experience and knowledge of relevant engineering disciplines.
? A minimum of 2 years at a design level within the UK Power Distribution/Utility and/or Railway Sectors.
? Retain a strong understanding of Secondary Distribution Systems
? Proffered, but not essential knowledge and understanding of Network Railway Electrification Infrastructure and associated discipline standards.
? Demonstrable AC electrification and substation design experience.
? Collaborative approach to project delivery.
? Organisational Awareness.
? Collaborative working.
? Full understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures.
? Relationship Building.
? Information Seeking.
? Self-Motivated and proactive.
Specific Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities for this Post:
* Ensure the H&S of Rail Electrification design activities.
* Minimise the impact of Rail Electrification activities, products and services and ensure designs meet all environmental obligations.
* Ensuring the application of the business procedures are effectively implemented.
* Ensuring that health and safety risk assessments are undertaken, and the mitigations are implemented to reduce the risks to ALARP.
* Ensuring that environmental aspects of activities products and services are identified and adequately controlled.
Additional Requirements / Comments:
* Previous exposure/experience working with Static Frequency Converters (SFC's) desirable, but not essential.
* Previous exposure/experience working TNO/DNO in the provision of Bulk Supply Points (BSP's) desirable, but not essential.
* An understanding of Arc Flash Analysis and Assessment.
* Ideally retain a current AC/DC PTS although not imperative.
* Knowledge and experience of Substations in Sub-Surface Train Stations.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.