HV 25kV Design Engineer
The Design Engineer shall be responsible for the production and development of GRIP 4-5 Contract Design submission documentation together with all other associated documentation in the provision of 25kV substations along the Transpennine Route Upgrade with interfaces with ECML and HS2. The candidate shall have held a senior appointment for a minimum of four years within the UK railway sector.
The Design Engineer shall be responsible for supporting GRIP 3-5 design delivery and/or supporting the GRIP 6-8 disciplines and shall be able to demonstrate experience/knowledge in a construction environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the project design team is best placed to deliver all Electrical AC, 25kV, LV, ELV systems and Earthing and Bonding within time and budget whilst maximising the opportunity to identify additional work opportunities subject to Network Rail additional works process. He/She will be responsible for engaging and instructing design engineers to provide a first-class design service to the construction teams and helping our client achieve our growth ambitions and commitments.
The Design Engineers shall be required to have a good understanding of HSEQ legislation and procedures and incorporate them into the design.
* To manage the development of fully compliant suitable designs to meet the requirements of the contract.
* Provide highly effective management for the Technical design team.
* Provide Design leadership for the design team that covers cross discipline work streams to provide an integrated solution for the customer.
* Have overall responsibility for the management of the preparation of all designs and technical reports.
* Management of interdisciplinary designs i.e Civils, SCADA, Protection & Control and Telecoms etc.
* Develop and produce reports associated with the performance of the department on a monthly basis with an emphasis on the design performance.
* Support to senior team in the review and appraise of tender specs and associated project documents.
* Ensure that all designs are in accordance with the customers approval processes.
* Understand primary interfaces, design drivers and stakeholders on projects that will influence the technical design.
* To positively influence design and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents
* To support the project commercial process with the Commercial Manager and ensure all design change requests are processed on time
Where called upon the post holder would also undertake the role of Contractors Appointed Engineer (CRE) in accordance with the requirements of Network Rail regime and shall be able to demonstrate competencies associated with Issue 6 of NR/L2/INI/02009.
? Engineering degree, preferable although no essential.
? Professional membership of the IET or equivalent as an Incorporated Engineer.
? Ideally hold or working towards an Authority To Work (AtW) in line with NR/L2/INI/02009 and/or previous evidence of competencies to NR/L2/INI/02009.
? Demonstration of CPD.
Knowledge & Experience:
? A minimum of 5 years' experience and knowledge of relevant engineering disciplines.
? A minimum of 5 years at a design level within the UK railway sector.
? Retain a strong understanding of Network Railway Electrification Infrastructure and associated discipline standards.
? Demonstrable AC electrification and substation design experience.
? Collaborative approach to project delivery.
? Organisational Awareness.
? Collaborative working.
? Full understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures.
? Relationship Building.
? Information Seeking.
? Self-Motivated and proactive.
? Analytical Thinking.
Specific Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities for this Post:
* Ensure the H&S of our clients Rail Electrification design activities.
* Minimise the impact of our clients Rail Electrification activities, products and services and ensure designs meet all environmental obligations.
* Ensuring the application of the business procedures are effectively implemented.
* Ensuring that health and safety risk assessments are undertaken, and the mitigations are implemented to reduce the risks to ALARP.
* Ensuring that environmental aspects of activities products and services are identified and adequately controlled.
* Operating within the framework of law, ensuring the competence of employees to work to appropriate statutory and business standards.
* Demonstration of a clear understanding and implementation of CDM 2015, CSM RA regulations
* Reviewing and implementing improvements in processes to reduce accidents and incidents.
* Implementing business processes that comply with statutory and other appropriate standards.
Additional Requirements / Comments:
* Ideally retain a current AC/DC PTS although not imperative.
* Previous exposure/experience working with Static Frequency Converters (SFC's) desirable, but not essential.
* Previous exposure/experience working TNO/DNO in the provision of Bulk Supply Points (BSP's) desirable, but not essential.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.