Job Title: Senior Planner
Job Type: Contract
IR35 Status: Inside IR35
Start date: ASAP subject to security clearance
Duration: Up to 18 Months
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: Negotiable depending on experience
Location: Plymouth - Please note Home Working can be considered however the successful applicant will be required to be flexible and attend site subject to business needs
Hours of work: 40 Hours Per Week
Applicants must have experience of the following:
- Nuclear Industry experience or a highly regulated Industry
- Current Security Clearance or the ability to obtain this
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency in using multiple PC operating systems - Primavera, EPCworks or Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialised instruction or practical experience.
- Knowledge of current industry and technical developments.
- Knowledge of NEC3/4
As the Planner you will be required to undertake by not limited to the following day to day duties:
- Work with Project Managers and Functional Leads to scope out and develop long-term portfolio scheduling and goals based on high-level scoping documents.
- Work with the Client team to provide portfolio scenarios and solutions to help them determine to correct path forward with an advanced end goal that satisfies Stakeholder requirements.
- Assists in preparing schedule data for proposals or contract negotiations.
- Ascertains that the correct scope of work and the project execution plan are reflected on all schedules.
- Integrates inter-discipline schedule requirements and constraints to establish logical work sequences for assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Prepares project control plans and detailed staffing utilization plans for discipline or specialty activities.
- Develops quantity release or installation curves for assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Reviews and evaluates quantity records to ensure total quantities are represented for a particular discipline or specialty.
- Develops required job hour expenditure for assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in determining leveling decisions. Performs quantity, manpower, and cost resource loading for assigned schedules. Performs invoice preparation for payments based on cost-loaded schedules as required. Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
- Coordinates construction trends with the field project control engineer.
- Analyses quantity and cost information and predicts changes and trends.
- Assists with the review and issuance of the monthly project cost and trend reports. Coordinates quantification and estimates for trends and scope changes and provide feedback to estimating regarding cost trends and lessons learned.
- Analyses schedule data and identify and acquires the information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and work breakdown structures, and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
- Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties, and identifies significant activities supporting interdisciplinary requirements.
- Develops and monitors short-term (2-4 weeks) engineering and/or construction schedules.
- Monitors schedule deviation for assigned disciplines or specialties including subcontractor submittals and recommends corrective action/workaround solutions for project considerations.
- Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports.
- Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule.
- Provides analysis and reports on assigned areas to the project.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.