Senior Infrastructure Delivery Lead
Role: Senior Infrastructure Delivery Lead
Location: Hinkley Point C
Duration: Initial Contract 6 months scope to extend
Day Rate: £300 - £350 PAYE / £400 - £470 Umbrella
Are you ready to make your mark on a pioneering nuclear project? We invite you to become a crucial part of the Hinkley Point C (HPC) Infrastructure delivery team. This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of two major EPR nuclear plants, driving innovation, sustainability, and excellence in construction.
The Site Operations Senior Infrastructure Delivery Lead reports directly to the Site Operations Infrastructure Service Manager and is responsible for the supporting the strategic direction and leadership, of all activities associated with life cycle delivery of the specific area[s] of work assigned to them. They deputise for the Service Manager and are accountable for ensuring the efficient delivery of support services in accordance with all safety, quality time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the HPC construction project. The Role is a HPC Construction Site subject matter expert for their scope of work - and will be called upon to provide technical input during the planning, preparation and subsequent operations of their work area.
In addition, the post holder will also have direct line management responsibilities for the Site Operations Delivery Lead[s] assigned to the specific areas[s] of work for which they are accountable.
The Senior Infrastructure Delivery Lead is responsible for directing the safe, timely and efficient provision of the Infrastructure including Mechanical and Electrical services in order to support a delay-free NNB construction programme. Key to the role is managing the technical delivery of the construction utility services, including civils, power, water and IT&T, in line with the relevant industry regulations and requirements of the whilst meeting the needs of the Tier 1 construction companies as an enabler to meeting their construction schedules. The role involves extensive liaison with the Tier 1 contractors, service providers, internal and external regulators, to deliver a compliant, effective and efficient service. The role will support the delivery and execution of the HPC Area Management model providing technical decisions and judgements to allow Best for Project decisions to be made in their area.
Why Hinkley Point C
Hinkley Point C is a cutting-edge nuclear site located in West Somerset, just 15 miles from Bridgwater. This ambitious project aims to establish two major EPR nuclear plants, driving a sustainable energy future for the UK. Your role as senior infrastructure delivery lead is essential in ensuring consistent project delivery while upholding safety and quality.
- Lead the provision of critical site support services to a construction workforce of circa 11,600
- Deputise for the Service Manager in the responsibility for budgetary control for contracts with values of up to £250m [full project lifecycle] and accountability for all statutory, regulatory and site controls.
- Manage a range of multi-level stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
- Providing day to day operational support on all cross functional aspects of electrical & mechanical activities including organisation and leadership to NNB Delivery Leads
- Define the work scope to be delivered within the contract or package of work and the interfaces with all other elements of the project.
- Ensuring training and mentoring of all direct reports and managing the discipline, safety, effectiveness and competency of the Tier 1 contractor team.
- Develop and execute effective strategies and plans in line with the overall programme execution plan [PEP]
- Anticipate and resolve any issues arising with the contract or package of works, identifying risks and facilitating their resolution
- Support the preparation of monthly reports for each work stream including safety performance, performance against SLAs, performance against KPIs, financial reporting, project forecasting and forward planning
- Career management/staff performance reporting
- Responsibility for the safe and efficient management of the following pieces of HPC infrastructure and capabilities:
- Oversee elements of temporary works designs, installation, operation, maintenance and removal of temporary utilities.
- Maximising our Tier 1 contractor team's productivity to make the most of resources and being able to show value to NNB.
- Address construction engineering concerns and develop solutions.
- Co-ordinate logistics of construction and play a key role in managing the construction process
- safety management
- quality management
- good neighbour management
- environmental management
- Risk Mitigation
- Monitor acceptance of compliance works by contractors.
- Expedite timely completion of design and construction deliverables.
Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive Project Management experience including mechanical and electrical installation
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the utilities industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lifting Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER).
- Technical experience and an understanding of British standards and regulations.
- Full knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Handover documentation for "as built" drawings and operation and maintenance manuals.
- Electrical and mechanical utilities distribution.
- Knowledge and understanding of high voltage systems. 11kV/400V substations and distribution.
- Knowledge and understanding of confined spaces regulations.
- Proven track record of delivery within a large project environment.
- Willingness to learn from both successes and failures.
- Experience of working with and developing similar sized packages of work relating to expected budget of up to £250m.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of positive stakeholder engagement [internally and externally].
- Intellectual capacity to deal with complex issues - and work within our local supply chain vision, creating a one team ethos.
- Significant Management Experience on a construction site, other industrial plant or other high hazard industry.
- IOSH Construction Safety Qualification
- Nuclear Construction Site experience
- Nuclear Emergency Management qualification
- NEC3 Contract training
- Project Management qualification (PRINCE2 or APM)
- Experience of working in a high security environment.
At Hinkley Point C, you will shape the future of nuclear energy and contribute to a cleaner, sustainable tomorrow. This role offers the chance to collaborate on an ambitious project with a positive impact on the environment and society.
If this sounds of interest, please APPLY NOW with your CV and a cover letter highlighting your suitability for this exciting role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base, from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Keywords: Construction Delivery Manager, Nuclear Energy, Hinkley Point C, EPR Nuclear Plants, Project Delivery, Construction Sequencing, Safety, Quality, Sustainability, Logistics Planning, Collaboration, Innovative, Future Energy, Project management,
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.