Role: Production Controller
Location: Hinkley Point C
Duration: CED 31/12/2024 Rolling 12 months thereafter
Day Rate: £200-£350 per day dependent on experience
Are you ready to make your mark on a pioneering nuclear project? We invite you to become a crucial part of the Hinkley Point C (HPC) site project control team as a Production controller. This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of two major EPR nuclear plants, driving innovation, sustainability, and excellence in construction.
Within the PMO Delivery Integration Team on the HPC Project, an opportunity has arisen for, a role within the Critical Path to monitor and. analyse progress reported against the work schedules and support corrective actions to minimise impact to the Project critical path.
The ability to understand schedule, scope and contract performance in a fast moving large and complex construction programme is paramount, with the candidate able to demonstrate a good understanding of the construction process.
Working in a well-established technical led environment, the ability to communicate well and provide concise written reports is essential, as is the ability to understand and influence technical discussions across multi disciplines.
Why Hinkley Point C
Hinkley Point C is a cutting-edge nuclear site located in West Somerset, just 15 miles from Bridgwater. This ambitious project aims to establish two major EPR nuclear plants, driving a sustainable energy future for the UK. Your role in the project control team is essential in ensuring consistent project delivery while upholding safety, quality, and deadlines.
The role will require the incumbent to:
- Work closely with Contract and Client Planning engineers.
- Performance management - Identifying, agreeing and implementing appropriate performance management techniques for the project. This includes identifying trends and deviations from the original plan and recommending appropriate corrective actions.
- Baseline management - Developing, setting and managing baseline(s) - the process of managing the reference levels against which a project is monitored and controlled.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with other disciplines within the organisation, particularly the Area Delivery and Construction Teams.
- Take ownership to ensure queries and issues are dealt with promptly and appropriately.
- Support and coordinate Critical Path resources to meet agreed targets.
- Gain information from multiple sources, across the project using project tools (P6 outputs, Excel databases/spreadsheets, Power BI, SharePoint, CEMAR, written and verbal conversations etc.)
- Will require significant time in the field, possibly in the supply chain.
- Prepare and support weekly/monthly review evaluation reports/schedules and flow forecasts for submission to the Delivery Integration team.
- Attend and influence meetings.
- Identifying, applying and evaluating cost control techniques to support the monitoring, managing and reporting of costs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Questioning attitude
- Ability to understand complex schedules
- Financial and Commercial awareness
- IT skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio etc.), Primavera P6 (not essential)
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- The ability to work under their own initiative, with minimal supervision
- A good current understanding of the building industry
- Experience on large complex projects.
- Specialisms in one or more key trades to complement the team skills profile
At Hinkley Point C, you will shape the future of nuclear energy and contribute to a cleaner, sustainable tomorrow. This role offers the chance to collaborate on an ambitious project with a positive impact on the environment and society.
If this sounds of interest, please APPLY NOW with your CV and a cover letter highlighting your suitability for this exciting role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base, from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Keywords: Schedules, Scheduler, Construction, Planning, cost management, Supply chain, CEMAR, Power BI
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.