Mechanical Design Engineer
Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Type: Contract
IR35 Status: inside
Start date: ASAP subject to clearance
Duration: 12 months
Pay rate: £20.19 - £22.02 /hr PAYE
£26.54 - £28.95 Umbrella
Hours of work: 37hrs Mon-Fri - (3 days a week on site)
Applicants must have experience of the following:
- Degree with 2 years design exp or HNC/HND with 5 - 8 years' Experience
- Good engineering Background
- Knowledge of material selection tolerancing services finishing and welding
- AutoCAD + Inventor or other 3D packages
- Experiences of producing design packages (Pipeline design isometrics)
- Previous experience producing design packages, suitable for manufacture and installation, containing drawings, method statements, risk assessments, etc
To perform the role of Mechanical Designer as directed and supervised by the Lead Mechanical & Responsible Engineer, providing a design service to the Task Delivery team supporting a number of portfolios across the business.
* Supporting and assisting with the implementation and delivery of safe, legally compliant, pragmatic fit for purpose mechanical engineering design solutions that meet functional and business requirements across a number of portfolios.
* To perform the role of Mechanical Designer as directed and supervised by the Lead Mechanical & Responsible Engineer, providing a design service to the Task Delivery team.
* Dealing with uncertainties and challenging technical problems, whilst operating within a complex and highly regulated environment.
* To provide scheduled design support to reduce operating hazards in the operational plants.
* Delivering engineering design packages to meet problem definitions from the plant owners.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.