Role: Senior Schedular - Sizewell C Nuclear New Build Site
Location: Sizewell C London or Suffolk (Hybrid working available)
Duration: Initial contract to 31/03/2024 Rolling 12 months thereafter
Day Rate: £450 - £500 PAYE / £600 - £670 Umbrella inside IR35
Project Overview: Sizewell C (SZC) involves the planning, design, and construction of two EPR nuclear reactors on the East Coast of Suffolk. Aligned with the technology and design of the Hinkley Point C nuclear power plant, SZC is a next-of-a-kind nuclear power plant with far-reaching impacts on local, regional, and national economic growth, as well as broader social and environmental benefits.
Job Purpose / Overview: The Senior Scheduler will collaborate with the Planning Lead and SZC teams, taking responsibility for developing, coordinating, and monitoring the project program and controls during the 'Big Build' Phase. This phase includes Main Civil works and Marine & Tunnelling. The role involves providing detailed and strategic inputs for time-related matters to ensure the efficient delivery of the works.
- Ensure compliance of all programs with project requirements.
- Develop and agree upon a logical sequence and methodology for the most efficient design, procurement, and construction strategy.
- Support the lead planner in implementing and maintaining project control processes, including the production of monthly reports.
- Maintain awareness of schedule interfaces with other programs and assess potential impacts.
- Plan and manage the development, change, and improvement of the Integrated Working Schedule.
- Display and evaluate the project critical path, advising the project team of results and recommending corrective action.
- Assist in the trend and change process, analyzing schedule impact and developing mitigation options.
- Incorporate financial data into the program to produce a project cost/time distribution profile.
- Produce and maintain project baselines, executing the change control process as appropriate.
- Coordinate with internal customers - supply chain, engineering, design, commercial, and construction.
- Provide commercial advice when reviewing supplier schedules per NEC, assessing implications on production, productivity, and program issues.
- Liaise with the site team and supply chain to monitor progress, address issues, and review planned progress to ensure the program is maintained.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- Proficient in Primavera P6 planning software.
- Good understanding of project/programme controls.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a team of multidisciplinary stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Qualifications & Experience: Essential
- Degree or other industry-recognized qualification in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a similar related sector.
- Experience in the production and management of Construction Programs in a civil engineering/infrastructure environment, preferably on medium to large-scale projects.
- Experience in planning multiple key disciplines: Highways, Rail, Utilities, Site Establishment, Earthworks, Piling.
- CIOB/MICE Membership.
- Experience with 4D/Synchro Modelling.
If this sounds of interest, please APPLY NOW with your CV and a cover letter highlighting your suitability for this exciting role.
Join Sizewell C and Shape the Future: At Sizewell C, you will shape the future of nuclear energy and contribute to a cleaner, sustainable tomorrow. This role offers the chance to collaborate on an ambitious project with a positive impact on the environment and society.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base, from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Keywords: Planner, Planning, Project Controls, p6 Planner, Planning Engineer, Nuclear Energy, Sizewell C, EPR Nuclear Plants, Project Delivery, Construction Sequencing, Safety, Quality, Sustainability, Logistics Planning, Collaboration, Innovative, Future Energy.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.