Project Controls Manager
Job title: Project Controls Manager
Job Type: Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Start date: Asap
Duration: 6 Month
Pay rate: Up to £55/hr. Umbrella
Hours of work
37 Hours a week/ Hybrid role- On average two / three days a week on site
* Security clearance/vetting is required - Security Check (SC)
* Experience in project controls on complex/major projects or programmes
* Has knowledge of project controls approaches and practices, such as planning / scheduling management, cost management, risk management and analysis, performance management (i.e. EVM), change management and configuration control.
* Experience of applying and assuring related project controls governance measures.
* Experience in working with common project controls toolsets, such as MSP / P6, RiskHive, ERP / SAP systems etc
* A clear focus on project outcomes and an ability to encourage others to strive for the greater good.
* Experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams, including external suppliers and customers
As a Project Controls Manager you will have an exciting and pivotal role in the successful delivery of our most complex projects and programmes.
Within this role, you will lead on the implementation and management of effective project controls measures relating to scope, cost, time, risk and quality. Utilising these measures, you will enable strategic performance analysis to be undertaken against the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB), highlighting variances, trends and insights needed to inform effective decision making.
Day to day you will work closely with both Project and Programme Managers whilst leading a team of project controls professionals. To achieve success in this role, you will also be expected to develop strong relationships with a range of stakeholders, including the project team, wider functional teams, suppliers and customers. In addition, you will be expected to support with on-going development of the Projects Controls capability within the wider Mission Systems business.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with a mix of days in the office and days at home, dependent upon business need.
In this role, you will have the following key responsibilities and accountabilities:
* Establish/maintain or adhere to the specific PC governance, processes and procedures across the project and in accordance with the related customer contract (where relevant).
* Establish the Performance Measurement Baseline position in terms of scope/cost/schedule and the ongoing governance control of these.
* Manage scheduling staff to develop, manage, revise, and analyse integrated project schedules including all phases of project execution, including contract partnerships and relevant sub-suppliers.
* Undertake, or manage project controls staff to provide, cost management/change management/risk & opportunity management and document management provision.
* Provide regular management reporting both internal and external to the project to provide relevant, accurate and reliable information on the status and forecast of the project to enable project and programme manager to make informed decisions and provide an accurate view of the project status.
* Interrogate subcontractor data related to project controls to inform the project PMB and monitor related delivery performance.
* Gather independent evidence to provide confidence that the project is likely to achieve the success criteria.
* Integration and alignment of project control toolsets, including where necessary across contract partnerships and relevant sub-suppliers.
* Deputise for the Project Manager as necessary.
* Establish a reliable and accurate Earned Value Management (EVM) system, and on-going generation and interrogation of earned value reports to enable reporting to be completed in accordance with the contract and the enable to project and/or programme manager to make informed decisions.
* Establish on-going and regular risk management process throughout the team, and risk reporting including schedule risk analysis in accordance with the contract
* Support Integrated Baseline Reviews (potentially with Customer stakeholders) as required to build confidence in the Performance Measurement Baseline.
* Develop and mentor staff to ensure succession planning is in place
* Maintain all key project control documentation and update as necessary
* Ensure effective configuration control is maintained at all times
* Provide weekly and monthly Project Progress and Metrics Reports as appropriate for the project
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This contract vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.