Senior Project Controller
Job title: Senior Project Controller
Job Type: Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Start date: Asap
Duration: 6 Month
Pay rate: Umbrella hourly rate, dependent on experience- Up to £65 per hour umbrella
Hours of work
37 Hours a week/ Hybrid role- On average two / three days a week on site
* Transferable SC clearance (i.e. in use in the last 12 months).
* Considerable experience in the advanced application of Project Management techniques in a relevant technical project environment across the full project lifecycle
* Previous experience on complex defence and/or telecommunication projects/programmes, preferably military SatCom (desirable, but not essential)
* Ability to champion high performance and inspire others
* Experience in the application of SRA/CRA and EVM
* Strong commercial awareness and an understanding of contract and commercial management
* Experience working with senior level managers both internally and externally.
* APM PMQ, Chartered status or equivalent (advantageous)
* PPC Practitioner
As a Senior Project Controller (Cost), you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary, you'll be working on supporting the delivery of vital military satellite communication systems. Your work will directly contribute to shaping the future of military satellite communication systems within defence. And, with our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements, typically 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home or one of our hubs.
The Senior Project Controller (Cost) will play a crucial role in managing the financial aspects of the Skynet programme from initiation to completion. This includes the development and implementation of effective cost control measures, such as cost forecasting, cost variance analysis and performance evaluation, to ensure that the project remains on track financially against the approved budget. The Senior Project Controller (Cost) will collaborate closely with Skynet team to develop cost estimates and forecasts, identifying potential risks and variance that may impact the Estimate to Complete (ETC). The role will also be responsible for assessing and managing the financial impact of changes in project scope, requirements or objectives, and updating the forecasts accordingly.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Assisting the Skynet team in all aspects of Project Cost Control
* Prepare and deliver all necessary internal and external cost control reports and documentation
* Provide key input into the production and management of Control Account Plans, including establishing basis of estimates and cost related assumptions and dependencies
* Collate, organise, and present the necessary data to enable Earned Value Management (EVM) reporting
* Provide the necessary input to enable Cost Risk Analysis (CRA)
* Coordinate and develop project/programme spend projections, cost reconciliations and variance analysis
* Coordinate and develop project work-in-progress (WIP), commitment and estimate at complete (EAC) forecasts
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This contract vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.