Mechanical Design Engineer
Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Type: Contract/ Permanent
IR35 Status: Inside Ir35
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 month rolling contract or permanent
£35-£45 per Hour Umbrella (contract)
£40,000- £50,000 plus benefits ( Permanent )
Hours of work
37 hours per week, Mon-Fri ( Hybrid ) Tue, Wed, Thurs ( office based )
Whitehaven (office based )
* Can obtain BPSS Clearance
* 3 years' experience working in design engineering.
* Experience working within a highly regulated industry (e.g. Nuclear) preferred.
* Knowledge & Skills Competent in the use of standard Microsoft Office software such as Word /Excel.
* Proficient in the use of CAD software / digital tools.
* Understands and can apply the company management system.
* Understands and can apply design codes, standards, and procedures.
* Understands and can apply law (Acts and Regulations), codes of practice and designated standard appropriate to scope of work.
* Breadth of demonstrable experience of design and detailing (appropriate to discipline) of plant and equipment.
* Knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts, change control methodology and common project management practices.
* Develop safe, legally compliant engineering solutions and verify / validate they satisfy the project requirements.
* Collate, document and review requirements from works information.
* Planning and executing engineering and design activities.
* Source ideas and innovation from multiple sources to achieve the optimum engineered solution.
* Identify applicable legislation.
* Production of engineering documentation to influence and provide evidence of the design process.
* Production of scoping calculations to establish sizing, specification, or rating of components.
* Production of detail design drawings in accordance with applicable codes, standards, and procedures.
* Seek out and ensure work is executed in accordance with design quality plans / arrangements.
* Conduct risk assessments, identify, evaluate, and mitigate hazards by design.
* Ensure configuration of baseline of deliverables is accurately maintained.
* Undertake technical reviews.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.