Duration: CED 31/03/2024 Rolling 12 months thereafter
Day Rate: £375-£425 + 36 days holiday
Are you ready to make your mark on a pioneering nuclear project? We invite you to become a crucial part of the Sizewell C project controls team. This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of two major EPR nuclear plants, driving innovation, sustainability, and excellence in construction.
The Scheduler reports directly to the SZC Project Controls Manager (Scheduling) and is responsible for the direction and co-ordination of all Project Controls activities associated with the design, construction and commissioning of all plant and construction systems to deliver 2 EPRs at SZC within safety, quality, time and cost milestones for a specific area / scope of work. This position supports the development of an overall integrated plan and budget for the project and to establish effective and fully transparent reporting and controls across the whole project.
Why Sizewell C
Sizewell C is a cutting-edge nuclear site located in Suffolk. This ambitious project aims to establish two major EPR nuclear plants, driving a sustainable energy future for the UK. Your role as a Scheduler is essential in ensuring the development of an overall integrated plan for the project.
- Production and control of cost and resource loaded (where applicable) baseline and current schedule, utilising approved work breakdown structures and techniques;
* Adherence to scheduling and project control standards across the project
* Overseeing and ensuring schedules are updated to an agreed time frame.
* Support cost control, risk and change management teams where appropriate.
* Support the production of monthly reports through the provision of intelligent information and analysis.
* Producing analysis of trends, generating performance indicators and providing feedback on areas of risk and opportunities.
* Analysis and integration of schedules provided by contractors and suppliers.
* Support the estimating process.
* Establish and foster working relationships with all appropriate stakeholders pursuant to the discharging of your responsibilities or in aid of theirs.
* Liaise with other sections of NNB team; and
* Foster and practice EDF team values.
* Responsible for supporting schedule management and reporting for SZC project - including cost and earned value reporting and management; NNB & Resident Designer schedule management.
* Provide ad hoc support to the wider SZC Project Controls function to develop the capability of the team using knowledge from HPC and wider experience.
* Adherence to the current monthly Project Controls cycle and processes and support with any future development.
Nature and Scope
The nature of the SZC Project is such that the requirements of each post may change significantly as the Project develops. This Job Description describes the current Principal Accountabilities of this role. However, it is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive. It is an outline indication of the areas of activities and may be amended considering changing needs of the Project. When changes are significant, they will be made in consultation with the SZC Project Controls Manager (Scheduling) and will be consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant experience within a project management or project control environment.
* Degree or equivalent suitable qualification / experience (Engineering / Project / Construction).
* Experience in major construction projects.
* Detailed understanding of scheduling methodologies and techniques within an enterprise environment.
* Good working knowledge of P6.
* Practical working knowledge of Earned Value, Scheduling and Project Control processes and tools.
* High level of analytical and numerate skills.
* High standard of interpersonal skills with open communication - excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Skilled at interfacing and operating in a large corporate environment.
* Ability to work in a team as well as on their own initiative.
* Results focused tempered with a team centred approach.
* Strive for quality, excellence, and continuous improvement in everything you do.
* Experience of work in a multicultural environment would be advantageous (interface with peers in France and other
* Understanding of engineering design and licensing in a UK context ideally within a nuclear safety environment (desirable).
* Exhibits analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability.
- Experience in high-security environments or large Civil Engineering/Building/MEH projects.
- Familiarity with the nuclear environment.
* Having a clear vision, direction and sense of purpose and being able to communicate this effectively within the sector, to colleagues in the Strategy and Regulations division as well as EDF Energy Plc and the wider Group, and to stakeholders.
* The ability to innovate, think laterally and tackle new areas of business risk and opportunity.
* The ability to identify and manage critical business issues.
* Good judgement and decision making; and
* Enthusiasm, energy, passion and conviction.
* Self-confident and assured; and
* Being honourable, trustworthy, fair and honest - respecting confidentiality.
* Getting results and making things happen; and
* Ability to influence at a senior level with both internal (within EDF Energy Plc and EDF Group) and external audiences as required.
* Engaging and motivating others; and
* Recognising, drawing out and utilising the skills of others
At Sizewell C, you will shape the future of nuclear energy and contribute to a cleaner, sustainable tomorrow. This role offers the chance to collaborate on an ambitious project with a positive impact on the environment and society.
If this sounds of interest, please APPLY NOW with your CV and a cover letter highlighting your suitability for this exciting role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base, from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Keywords: Scheduler, Project Controls, Project Manager, Nuclear Energy, Sizewell C, EPR Nuclear Plants, Project Delivery, Construction Sequencing, Safety, Quality, Sustainability, Logistics Planning, Collaboration, Innovative, Future Energy.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.