Test & Measurement Engineer
Job title: Test & Measurement Engineer
Job Type: Contract
IR35 Status: Inside IR35
Start date: As soon as possible subject to clearance
Duration: 12 months
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: £60-80
Hours of work: 38 hours per week
As a Test and Measurement Engineer you will deliver test and measurement solutions for the verification of novel (hybrid-)electric propulsion systems and sub-systems. In this position you will support the development of brand-new cutting-edge products seeing them through from early conceptual design through to compliance demonstration against business, customer and regulatory requirements for Defence applications.
You will be responsible for the following:
*Produce detailed system level test procedures for electrical power system test rigs, with support from subject matter experts, to provide evidence that the requirements of the system have been satisfied.
*Define and ensure the requirements of test facility/rig upgrades to support the proposed tests.
*Design the electrical aspects of test facility/rig upgrades to satisfy requirements and design constraints and standards.
*Specify the electrical equipment required to support the safe and effective completion of the tests.
*Define and ensure the instrumentation requirements to support the electrical power system testing.
*Evaluate verification test results against electrical requirements; and produce test reports and associated documentation.
*Provide electrical advice and support to the wider test facility upgrade team.
*Be the on-site electrical technical support point of contact taking part in commissioning and testing activities, troubleshooting and practical fault finding on plant, instrumentation, and control systems.
*Support the planning and coordination of activities to enable delivery of the test facility/rig upgrade.
*Develop, implement, document, and maintain policies, procedures, associated guidelines, tools and training as required.
*Provide oversight of electrical HSE hazard or issue for our in-house electrical rig including risk assessments, compliance to HSE control standards and training.
* We require candidates to hold either HNC, HND or Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
* Knowledge of electrical power systems and associated sub-system/components including platform interfaces, component technology and behaviour during normal and abnormal operation, verification vehicles, electrical design, system architecture, development process constraints.
* Experience of electrical power system testing (preparation, execution and post-processing), test rig design and/or test rig management.
* Experience working to relevant electrical standards (BS, IEC…).
* Good time management skills able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Dynamically respond to evolving goals and emerging opportunities while working in coordination with a multidisciplinary, energetic team of engineers and scientists.
* Capable through effective communication skills of liaising with subject matter experts across a broad range of engineering disciplines including systems engineering, electrical system design, power electronics, software, electromagnetics, mechanical design, thermals, and structures.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This contract is being advertised by Rullion Ltd.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.