Rullion are looking to recruit for the following Role:
3 x Project Managers
Location : Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Hybrid working (Must be able to commute to office)
Rate - £35- 40 per hour
Duration - 18 months (initially)
Security Clearance required
Must be UK Citizen.
Ministry of Defence Project.
Main Job Role:
To take responsibility for managing all aspects of a delegated element of a specific project(s). Manages the contract/order from start to completion to ensure that contractual commitments are achieved.
Scope of work
- Managing the scope, specification, time, cost, quality, risk & resource aspects of projects classified as category C (>€5M).
- Managing the commercial aspects to ensure that the financial objectives of the project are achieved.
- Responsible for monitoring the project plan, giving regular progress/status reports.
- Understands the importance of works to the overall success of the project and liaises with other members of the team.
- Monitors and expedite all activities which affect the company's contractual commitment to its customer, liaising between Facility/Field Operations/Sub contractors to coordinate execution of work.
- Monitor and review the status of the project, identify risks, issues and opportunities and develop solutions / mitigation's to fulfil contract obligations.
- Updates project management systems.
- Executes works governed by process and tools of Project Excellence@Siemens Energy.
- Purchase parts, raw material and sub-contract processes.
- Specify, control and deliver contract specific quality assurance requirements.
- Prepare gas turbine, generator, steam turbine repairs, parts and field service tenders /quotations
- Prepare and control manufacturing/field operations documentation packs.
- Promotes continuous improvement and is responsible for EHS culture.
- Coordinate, integrate and motivate the project team and project participants to ensure successful project execution.
Responsible for the achievement of target completion dates as agreed with Project Management. Works within the limits defined within company procedures.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally with an engineering or commercial background.
- Recognised formal Project management Qualification e.g. IPMA Level C, APMPQ, PRINCE2 or equivalent would be an advantage. But not essential
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an engineering service company, working in engineering, commercial, procurement, site erection or commissioning activities, with a variety of duties.
- Knowledge of the power generation market sector or large rotating equipment.
- Project management experience in a hardware supply or service contract environment, including subcontractor management.
- Excellent communication skills essential.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Enthusiasm to work as a team player.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for executing a specific element of a project, including monitoring costs, delivery and quality.
Project manage allocated contracts
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the documentation forming the Contract and communicate the requirements to all functional areas.
- Monitor the progress of all functional areas (including sub-contractors) against the plan, initiating corrective action as necessary.
- Monitor estimates to complete prepared by all functional areas, initiating corrective action as necessary.
- Initiate preparation and issue of Invoices and follow-up with Customers as necessary to ensure prompt payment.
- Monitor and report on the overall financial position of the project.
- Monitor the quality of the Company's output on the project, initiating corrective action as necessary.
- Identify and assess risks throughout the project lifecycle and manage risk mitigation activities, making financial provisions where necessary.
- Lead the customer interface to foster good Customer relationships whilst protecting the company's interest.
- Create the project in Spiridon, and maintain the WBS (work breakdown structure), planned costs, planned revenue, etc. as the project progresses.
- Hold appropriate project reviews internally and externally.
- Communicate project issues effectively to the project team and participants.
If available please submit CV and a member of the team will be in touch.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.