Head of Design & Implementation
Job title: Head of Design & Implementation
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible subject to clearance
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: £85,000 - £95,000 per annum
Location: Remote working with occasional travel to site
Hours of work: 40 hours
As the Head of Design & Implementation you will be supporting the client in achieving its growth ambition and delivery target by establishing and developing the design and build business line within the company.
* Development of the overarching strategy for the growth of the D&B P&L including business winning and supply chain strategy, in light of the ambition and opportunities being chased, in collaboration with BD and Commercial
* Responsible for the delivery of the D&SD P&L and business plan, input into MTP
* Overseeing management, including SHEQ&S of manpower on all contracts including suppliers.
* Identification of future resourcing needs for D&SD projects, in terms of PMO, technical and functional support. Engage with Heads of to ensure the needs are understood and included in business/ resourcing plans.
* Working with SHEQS, PMO and Transformation teams to review existing processes and identify gaps for delivery of D&SD projects
* Line management responsibility for all staff within the future D&SD business including competence and development, the PDR and salary review.
* Working with the Business development and technical teams, development of adequate capture strategy and supply chain proposals for strategic bids that are being targeted for D&SD
* Contribute to subcontractor selection and the development of project tender lists for D&SD Projects
* Build strategic relationships with suppliers and partners particularly focused on an effective and resilient supply chain and further develop the relationships to optimise cost saving on supplies for D&SD projects.
* Support procurement process at all stages of definition, bidding, delivery and closeout of a project
* Regularly review and refresh the offer and subcontractor supply chain to ensure alignment with the needs of our customers.
* Identifying and mitigating risks related to the delivery of D&SD contract, including supply chain function.
* Degree qualified in project management, technical delivery, supply chain management, business administration or other related discipline.
* Excellent knowledge of supply chain organisations in delivery of Design & Delivery contracts.
* Experience of different contracting models, involving management of commercial risks (NEC3, FIDIC etc).
* Understanding of CDM regulations.
* APM Introductory Certificate in Project Management or Equivalent qualification.
* Membership of/commitment to or studying for Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply (CIPS) qualifications or equivalent professional qualifications.
* Strong Nuclear Decommissioning Background - Essential
* Waste Categorization Experience - Desirable
* Demolition Experience - Desirable
Please note all applicants Must be able to obtain SC/DV clearance. (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years' worth of UK residency)
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.