Principal Project Manager
Job title: Principal Project Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible subject to clearance
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: £Competitive.
Location: Richmond Upon Thames
Hours of work: 37 hours
We are seeking a Principal Project/Programme Manager with proven experience of heading technical, instrumentation development projects, to work on a range of instrumentation and metrology projects for our client. You will be involved in all stages of the Project Management and Instrument development Lifecycles, from early concept development through to delivery and reporting. Working with Systems Engineering Lifecycle would also be very beneficial.
* You will be working with science and engineering teams to develop instrumentation and software systems; providing team leadership alongside the Project Science Lead and Senior Systems Engineer.
* You will be conducting initial planning and delivery of the Proof of Concept phase.
* You will be managing and coordination of intricate teams from a variety of departments.
* You will be responsible for financial management of projects and programmes.
* You will be carrying out stakeholder management along with liasing with Programme Expert Groups and commercial customers.
* You will be preparing project management documentation including Project Management Plans, Gannt Schedules, Risk Registers and Action Items Lists.
* You will also provide leadership and a direction for the project team, with the ability to negotiate, build relationships and resolve conflict to ensure project delivery on time and to appropriate standards.
* You will carry out Project Reviews, including preparation and distribution of data packs, coordination of review meetings, presentation and defence of material and organisation and delivery of agreed outcomes.
* Degree in a scientific or other numerate discipline, or equivalent qualifications or experience.
* Qualification and/or certification in Project Management at a senior level e.g. Prince2, APM, PMQ, MSP or other relevant Project Management qualification or experience.
* Experience in project management of a range of projects including at least one large scale project (10+ people) and work with subcontractors/external partners.
* Experience of overseeing the work of others, guiding ,engaging, motivating and coaching teams.
* Experience of presiding over instrumentation development projects.
* Experience of working with Systems Engineers and delivering projects following a Systems Engineering lifecycle.
* Experience of managing projects involving software would be beneficial.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.