Procurement Specialist/Commodity Manager
Rullion are looking to recruit for one of our global leading Energy Clients for the following role:
Job Role : Procurement Specialist /Commodity Manager
Location - Warwick or can also be Lincolnshire based
Hybrid working (2-3 days in office)
£35 PER HOUR+
Duration - 12 months
The right candidate will not be working on specific projects will be various different projects and work passed on working on commodity. The right candidate will be working globally with suppliers within Europe and also Canada. There is a team of 25 members within the buyer and procurement team. The main focus of the role is Working on projects, resourcing projects, contract with suppliers, new sourcing on components, price negotiations .
I have below put a more specific Job description which will give more detail on the role.
We seek an experienced Procurement individual highly motivated and self-driven to:
Lead sourcing actives and negotiations for low to high value aerospace and industrial type components to optimize cost opportunities, contract coverage, and secure supply continuity.
Undertake contractual and price negotiations with new and existing suppliers to mitigate commercial risk and optimise commercial advantage for current and future programmes.
Carry out in depth cost breakdowns analysis (including cost estimation) and negotiate the lowest TCA in order to contribute to the divisional cost saving targets.
Drive cost reduction and resourcing programmes to support strategy execution ensuring impact on existing supply chains are managed.
Develop and deliver robust and integrated Commodity and Supplier strategies to provide supply chains capable of providing business needs across all stakeholder areas.
Ensure a close cooperation with internal customers to ensure customer care and early involvement.
What You Bring
Ability to work in a complex, fast changing global organisational environment.
10+ years of experience in strategic sourcing/commodity management.
Outstanding Excel skills.
Outstanding communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills.
Excellent commercial, contractual, and project management acumen.
Familiarity with component Manufacturing processes and Quality
Knowledge of working with a global supplier base, in a matrix environment.
Bachelor's degree required; Masters degree and/or CIPS desired
Integrates Procurement in the project management process (PM@Siemens) and organizes, controls and monitors all Procurement activities in a project.
* Participates in project/sales meetings as project core team member to exert a shaping influence at an early stage and to optimize internal workflows and processes.
* Establishes proper sourcing and Procurement processes and controls all Procurement resources and activities in the project.
* Analyzes customer inquiries during bid preparation / opportunity management phases and exactly understands the customer's functional needs in order to include (supplier) innovations.
* Supports project calculation with reliable material cost data.
* Analyzes scope of supply and contract agreements, carries out risk analyses and introduces negotiation recommendations.
* Analyzes sales and operations planning in respect of starting / new projects, assessing and controlling of material costs within the whole project business in order to ensure the involvement of Procurement.
* Drives Procurement strategies in projects and ensures their implementation.
* Heads up contractual and price negotiations and/or supports the specialist buyers responsible for particular material fields.
* Clarifies internal indicators for project controlling and compiling all relevant information to submit qualified reports.
* Forwards systematically all relevant Procurement related project information.
Ideally 7+ years experience.
If available please submit CV and a member of the team will be in touch.
Siemens supports applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us on 0161 233 7603
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.