Job title: Section engineer/Construction coordinator
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: ASAP depending on clearance
Salary/ Benefits: Up to 45k depending on experience
Hours of work: 37 hours per week , Monday to Friday
Applicants must have experience of the following:
- Degree or equivalent in civil engineering
- Proven experience in construction coordination, preferably in a regulated industry such as nuclear or heavy engineering.
- Strong understanding of construction methodologies, safety protocols, and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with various stakeholders, including contractors, designers, and project personnel.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices.
- Familiarity with construction documentation and quality control processes.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
Ideally applicants should also have:
Role information: Provide a brief description of the role and expectations
* Assist in the delivery of the construction discipline phase of the project, focusing on safety, cost, program, and quality objectives.
* Provide construction expertise and input during constructability reviews, ensuring alignment with design, work scope, and construction strategies.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest construction techniques and technologies through continuous personal development.
* Ensure that contractors and their supervisors are suitably qualified and experienced to carry out their roles.
* Promote a proactive and proportionate approach to nuclear safety, quality, and environmental safety, optimizing their implementation on the construction site.
* Support the commercial process by preparing local instructions to contractors and effectively managing work to control costs.
* Maintain awareness of the construction strategy and plans, contributing to the construction phase plan and subsequent record keeping.
* Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, contractual, and governance requirements, reviewing and providing comments on controlling documents submitted by contractors.
* Report progress to the Construction Manager, maintaining accurate records for safety, contractual, and quality purposes.
* Capture, share, and apply construction Lessons Learned and shared best practices.
* Liaise with plant personnel to secure necessary permissions and minimize project impact.
* Coordinate day-to-day work arrangements and ensure the safe delivery of construction activities.
* Assist in discharging Construction Design and Management (CDM) duties as required.
* Oversee the physical configuration of constructed plant through witness, surveillance, and verification of work and manufacturing records.
* Ensure that construction work is controlled in accordance with engineering arrangements and all obligations are met.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Company information: (must be included)
This permanent/ contract vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.