Job title: Mechanical Engineer
Job Type: Perm
Start date: ASAP - Subject to clearance
Hours of work: 37hrs Mon-Fri
Applicants must have experience of the following:
- Ideally degree educated in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Chartered or working towards chartered Mechanical Engineer status
- Proven experience leading a Design team
- General mechanical handling and equipment experience
- Experience with Nuclear glovebox design, modification and decommissioning an advantage
- Experience of safety case justification
- Sound knowledge of building regulations and planning submissions
- Experience of CDM regulations
Area of oversight responsibility.
* Mechanical handling
* Mechanical interlocks
Reporting to the project engineering manager the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the day to day management of discipline engineers and/or engineering design subcontractors. This will involve planning of work activities, estimates and schedules, and reporting of progress.
Perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, construction, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse mechanical structures, systems and components and act as a lead on design, analysis or review team on complex engineering assignments
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.