Job title: SHE Manager
Job type: Contract
IR35 status: Outside
Start date: Subject to clearance
Duration: 12 months
Pay rate: Up to £60 per hour
Hours of work: Around 38 hours a week
Applicants must posses the following:
- SC clearance
- NEBOSH/or equivalent (NVQ Diploma)
- Graduate member of IOSH or working towards
- Lead Auditor trained
- Minimum of 3 years in a H&S (SHE) management/lead level role
- Strong ISO 45001 knowledge
- Practical experience in either the nuclear, oil or gas industry
- Experience with Integrated Management Systems
- Strong stakeholder skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Manufacturing or decommissioning experience
Candidates would ideally have:
- Chartered membership
- ISO 14001 knowledge
- Engineering background
-To keep abreast of any changes to legal or regulatory requirements which impact on the company and ensure continuous compliance
- To continually improve the company policies, processes and processes which support SHE activities and the achievement of company objectives
- To promote and enhance the SHE and Nuclear Safety culture throughout the business: with employees, clients, suppliers, customers, and partner organisations
- To be the company subject matter expert (SME) and provide advice on identifying hazards, and the assessment of the associated risk be it potential injury, ill health, and/or damage to plant, equipment, materials, or the environment
- Work alongside Manufacturing SME's to understand specific risk associated tasks to then assist, support and advise on the compilation of the risk assessments, rules and regulations, maintaining enforcement & oversight where necessary.
- Investigate (and report) all events including, minor injuries, reportable (RIDDOR) injuries, damage to plant, near miss events and any environmental breach.
- Chair and co-ordinate the company SHE committee.
- Develop and produce data on SHE objectives and KPIs to be reported at the Quality Board/
- To support the business in the planning, delivery, and subcontract management relative to all aspects of SHE
- Ensure adequate SHE competence exists within the business to support and maintain capability, managing all statutory training requirement and associated budgets
- To participate and support the completion of internal audits and supply chain assessments to ensure compliance and best practice is being maintained
- Act as the company Interface with all legislative/regulatory bodies and client stakeholders on SHE matters
-Drive continuous improvement of housekeeping standards supporting 5S process implementation.
- Develop and measure a plan to drive a reduction in Carbon Footprint and pro-actively support a positive impact on climate change
-Compile annual ROSPA award application
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This contract vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.