Mechanical Design Engineer
Job title: Mechanical Design Engineers
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible subject to clearance
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: Up to £65,000 per annum DOE
Hours of work: 37 hours per hour
As the Component Design Engineer you will be responsible for the on-time delivery and quality of component design definition artefacts against programme milestones i.e. documents, models, definitions that meet sub-system / part level requirements. You will participate within an IPT described and operate in accordance with the clients Management System policies and processes. You will be responsible for sub-system integration of the technical activities for their design solution.
You will deliver design solutions for components and complex assemblies in consideration of safety, manufacturing capability, product physical and functional robustness. Design solutions should also consider Unit Cost, Weight, Maintainability and Repair.
* Deliver definition to appropriate stakeholder groups' requirements e.g. manufacturing (external), project customers, analysis teams in accordance with associated agreed routes.
* Create and use automated and integrated tool sets TCeng and NX to articulate design intent. Quality Assurance through checking of design documents, models, drawings in accordance with technical requirements.
* Carry out analyses using formula-based calculations and/or automated workflows for dimensioning of parts and components (e.g. stability, stiffness, profiles, balance point, weights) and where appropriate, using analytical rules, tools and methods to underwrite the design solution against requirements.
* Create technical documents to comply with process, knowledge management, information and data policies.
* Plan, manage and execute external designs via orders placed at design service providers or suppliers with design and production authorisation for complete devices (Design only / Design and Make Package) leading to approval of the designs and all documents.
* Manage product configuration and assure data integrity.
* Execute sub-system integration process including the appropriate use of Systems Engineering and Robust Design tools to ensure that the technical attributes of the Sub-system design meet the agreed requirements.
* Good understanding of NX toolset for modelling and drawing creation linked with strong GD&T understanding.
* Good technical knowledge in mechanical design methodologies and understands cross discipline engineering concepts which include but are not limited to manufacturing engineering, mechanical analysis, cost engineering and product definition.
* An ability to apply logical, analytical and innovative thinking on a range of technical problems and make balanced decisions across technical and business parameters.
* Knowledge and experience of product integrity / liability frameworks.
* Good communication and presentation skills at all levels of the organisation
* Degree level in an engineering discipline either mechanical or manufacturing environment.
* Experience cooperating with multi-disciplined teams.
* SC Clearance or the ability to obtain SC Clearance (UK Passport Holders)
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.