Job title: Programme Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible subject to clearance
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: £Competitive
Location: Cumbria/Remote working
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
As the Programme Manager you will be managing the development, delivery and evaluation of a portfolio of programmes and projects.
* Develop and own multiple programme plans to drive progress against targets and handle key risks, issues, and dependencies across multiple teams.
* Ensuring robust stakeholder management is in place.
* Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of programmes and projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities.
* Managing day to day activities ensuring delivery accountability is in place across projects.
* Continuous improvement and delivery of the programmes and projects to the quality, time and budget tolerances through regular reviews with team members, and review and approval of project documentation and ensuring that programme risks and dependencies are correctly captured, managed and mitigated.
* Agree programme and project management resource requirements for the assigned programme or projects and appropriate allocation of projects to individuals to ensure successful delivery.
* Production of documentation in support of contracts and tenders.
* Leading the project team - building, motivating, maintaining, coaching, guiding and developing the team members.
* Ensuring the scope of projects is delivered safely, at the right quality on time and to budget.
* Assembling and owning the project delivery programme and delivery plans.
* Closing out the project on completion, archiving project documentation, updating market information, ensuring that lessons learnt are captured and disseminated internally and ensuring that a Client Satisfaction survey is initiated.
* Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Management Systems.
* Assist less experienced colleagues in ensuring compliance with pre-defined standards.
* Liaise with suppliers, clients and regulators.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
* BEng (Hons) Engineering or Project Management.
* Formal Project Management Qualification (APMP/PMI/OGC).
* Knowledge of project and/or programme management, including awareness of Managing Successful Programmes methodology or similar best practice.
* Ability to manage and influence senior and external stakeholders in a delivery capacity.
* Ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams to deliver effective end to end performance.
* Proficient in delivering risk management methods and techniques.
* Good understanding of commercial and contract issues to ensure effective, fit for purpose, supply chain arrangements, to deliver value, quality and reliability.
* Experience and familiarisation of Project Management software and toolsets.
* Experience of various forms of engineering or construction contracts.
* Implement systems and processes to manage the quality.
* Manage entire projects or phases of projects across the delivery lifecycle (design, build and test) along with effective management of the associated budgets.
* Plan, schedule and leads team supporting projects to achieve project objectives and milestones.
* Perform financial planning and assists in the analysis to justify project approval.
Ideally applicants should also have:
- SC Clearance or the ability to obtain SC Clearance.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.